***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Roof vinyl - Gloss black in Brisbane

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

3Mack
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Roof vinyl - Gloss black in Brisbane

Postby 3Mack » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 pm

So I'm headed down to Brisbane in a week or two and looking to see if I can get some dents pulled out of my roof and a gloss black vinyl wrap installed. Are there any pro's around that area that do backyard jobs at a good standard? Or how much would a professional shop job cost me, if anyone has any experience.

Side note; paintless dent removal in Brisbane, good spots?

Bigdamos
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bigdamos » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:38 pm

I know of exclusive wraps in Brisbane, they quote $360 for install of a gloss black roof on a sedan and $410 for a Sportback. They are quite good, as for paintless dent removal, I can't help you there.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:08 pm

I got the roof on my old CC coupe resprayed for $400 a couple of years ago, most of the cost being prep so a bigger CJ should not be much more. I only say this as I can't believe wrap costs so much.

Have you considered DIY?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

elementrb
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby elementrb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 am

+1 for Exclusive Wraps, got my roof done (Sportback) for $400, pros.
~2009 Lancer RA Sportback~
~Mods: Custom intake, TD05, TurboSmart Kompact BOV, Hyperflow 100cell Cat, Hyperflow catback exhaust and upgrade IC, 2.5" IC piping kit, GS 3-Port, NA AUtosport Dyno Tune, Optima Redtop in the boot, Koya Racing SF01 18x9 +35, BC BR Coilovers, EvolutionX Designs Coilcover~

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

As we know the CJ is noisy and I have been sound proofing it,. rather than remove the roof lining. I wonder if vinyl wrapping the roof, say in carbon fiber wrap will help to reduce drumming and noise. Anyone had this done and noticed any difference?

ken_angelo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ken_angelo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:29 pm

i got mine done DYI with CF vinyl...i couldn't tell any difference since my car is brand new...
Lancer es sports 2015 white FTW =)

AidanO
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby AidanO » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm

I got mine done at the local sign-a-rama for $300 with decent vinyl too and I have no complaints. (NSW though!)

Just something to consider is what vinyl they use because there are a number of different types which vary heaps in quality!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:18 pm

Is the CF wrap smooth or have texture? Personally for a large surface like a roof or bonnet I'd prefer a gloss finish which might be easier to keep clean in the long run.

That said I did put some stock '3D' CF wrap on the bit under the front number plate, which is a nice contrast to the rest of the black paint work. But that's the advantage of wrap, get bored with it you can rip it off and try something else.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”