***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Big Brake Package?

All Brake Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Ellimist
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ellimist » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:02 pm

the VRX rotors front are 300 and rear are 302
Last edited by Ellimist on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Wrong Nick.

Mitsubishi says VRX 300 all round. (rounded figure)

Precision measurements are 294mm Front and 302mm Rear. Ralliart the same size as VRX.

--

Evolution precision measurements are 350mm front and 330mm rear.

Ellimist
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ellimist » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm

oh thats actually a typo.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm

K-Sport kit will run you = Front 2K / Rear 2.5K
Total = 4.5K @ Concord Customs.
Expensive,but very impressive setup and look sensational.
Breaking performance is incredible!!!!
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am

still dont think you need it unless you are gonna track your car. or your gonna be doing speeds over 100.

i did a driving course so to speak, yesterday. and with stock breaks at 45 you can stop in 11m with cold brakes, there was 2 lancers there mine and another guys. mine was 8m cold brakes. his was 11. but i have better rotors and pads.

and with hot brakes at 45 your cars can stop within 1s of anything. that is pretty good seeing as every other car wouldn't stop anywhere near that close to something.

the worst there was a hilux ute 21m to stop at 45km/h.

and if you ever have the chance don't sit in the back of a getz with a female driver trying to do shalom dont. its scarie especially when she screams lifts one of her feet of the ground and accelerates and lets go of the steering wheel.

plus if you do want to do that in your lancers then turn traction off. its practically impossible with it on. driving at 45Km/h with cones spaced at 2s apart at 45km/h
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Tryg plans to turbocharge his car Blake, so upgraded brakes are a good idea.

Did you do the AAMI Skilled Drivers course? I did that back in my first car, Ford Laser TX3... My TX3 braked from 50kmh in 11M cold! :twisted: Was actually the 2nd shortest on the day.. I was beaten by a 2YO Ford Festiva! haha (My car was 15 YO at the time) Ahh the memories

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 pm

as i said that wasn't me that was some other older fellow. at the end of the day i probably could of stopped in 5m, which i piratically did causes 1s at 45km/h is a really small distance.

plus i was the only car that could do the hairpin at 45 with out hitting anything lol.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah I know, I read it right lol Just adding my experience :P

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:12 pm

I might let Concord give me a quote for the same as I can get on eBay, pricing plus delivery.. if they work out cheaper at Concord, I will keep the money locally....

No point doing an EOI GB on these, doubt we will be getting too many bites!

Ellimist
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ellimist » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Probably right on the EOI tryg. pricey considering the stock ones are good for most people.

I probably wouldn't buy something like this through ebay though. much as it may cost more its safer to buy from a local brick and mortar store i always think.

your cars gonna end up a beast at the end of the day.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Nick,
not really, there is little extra pressure you are able to put on the CVT, apparently, so the gains will be minimal.

I drive very hard, to the limit of the tyres and regularly get fully adrift on bends (usually out in the country, on vacant roads) even within the speed limit (just not the speed advisory!).

I know the big brakes are not needed, but I miss my supercharged XR6, with massive Brembos.. these 276mm tiny rotors are heading out, for 330mm or 356mm, depending if they will fit under stock VRX/RA wheels.

I will be opting for 8-spot calipers due to the smooth nature of braking effort with spread pots. Just like my Ducati with 6 spotters, nice.

eBay has its place and if insured, no issue, but would prefer to buy locally due to ability to warrant product etc... but wont pay an Aussie mortagage payment extra, just for that.

The 8-spot 330mm K-Sports are $2150 delivered to Toowoomba from eBay.

The Concord price would have to be quite close for me to deal there.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 pm

The turbo kit is relatively untested, so although I want it, I would like to see more information from RRM, they are not very forthcoming.

The boost is limited to 5psi, which equates to about 50% more engine power. Lifting the stock 2.0ltr from 150 engine horses to 225. This equates to 167kw, which is getting very close to an RA, if you forgive the weight the RA has to cart around in the rear, extra to a bog-stock.

I am not saying its going to beat an RA, hardly, but it may give a few Ford and Holden sixes a showing! (which would be nice!)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Be careful though. There are a lot of very convincing fakes floating around, especially on fleabay.

I'm sure you've all heard about dodgy turbos and fuel pumps, which all packaging and what not is 100% identical and the parts look legit, until you pull them apart and see the dodgy internal parts...

A risk you may have to take?

Ellimist
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ellimist » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Can't argue with brakes being a good upgrade path. very sensible one as well anytime of the day. I dislike people coming into work and buying brake components on a budget.

the warranty is mostly what i was thinking of in the sense of ebay vs brick and mortar.

turbo kit is interesting. not being able to get information is not to cool though. would definitely be nice to see what happens when compared to a RA.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Adrian, brakes from eBay, turbo from RRM.. not the other way around (so should be no issue about dodgy internals).

Brakes are from a brake company supplying via eBay as well as a shop front.. they sell 100's of these kits worldwide.. probably not dodgy either.

You actually have quite a bit of protection buying from eBay, as long as you pay via PayPal..

Just my 2c.

Will let you know about Easter time, next opportunity to have this all ready for a 4-day marathon fitting session...

Return to “Brakes”