Brake Rotor/Pads Recommendations?

All Brake Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Brake Rotor/Pads Recommendations?

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Unless you can test tyres back to back its hard to judge which is truly best, thats why they have tyre tests in magazine (remember those) and online. But it also depends on the car they are fitted to, a tyre that works on a small car might not work on a big sedan or wagon.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 pm

That’s true, I can say now my Achilles are pure garbage, the stock nexen drove better :/
We are all in it for the fun!

fearfulmaster2
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fearfulmaster2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 am

Since you are in Sydney, just get something decent from Tempe or Tyresales. Both have sales from time to time. In June, I got a set of run out FK453 215 45 R18 for $118 each when Tempe had a 15% off sale on ebay. Tyre was 2 or 3 years old but I already anticipated it won't be new stock. A week after I bought the tires and the sale ended, Tempe brought in Eagle F1 Directional for $99. Would have been a bargain if I can get that at 15% off.

Do spend time researching tyre test (not tyre reviews). Getting stuck with the wrong tyres is painful and throwing them away early is such a waste. When Nitto Invo came out, some people paid good money for them. They are almost as bad as Hi Fly.

You went with Achillies because of the price. If you want something decent at a good price, Have a look at the kumho range. Right now, KU39 and PS71 / PS91 is good value. It maybe something else when it is your time to change tyres.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:06 am

When I got my CJ used the dealer checked on some Kumho KU39s, not bad but I do think the RE003s are better and quieter but they do cost $209 each, I got mine on a 4 for 3 deal.

Really depends on how much you want to spend.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:11 am

Yeah that’s true; I’m still researching won’t change them for a while if not I’ll end up selling the car with them on still. Just slightly annoyed I cheaped out in tires as these achillies understeer and their wet grip is rubbish
We are all in it for the fun!

Return to “Brakes”