***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thinking of buying a Lancer SX in QLD

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

osgfdt
INACTIVE Member Account

Thinking of buying a Lancer SX in QLD

Postby osgfdt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Lancer SX in QLD,
I visited a few dealers last saturday. I decided to get a SX instead of ES.
I tried to get them to give me an offer, but it seems they dont really take me serisouly.
The best offer I can get is around $23500 for a Lancer SX, with foglight, reverse sensor, mats, full tank of fuel.(any other extra should i ask?)
What should I do or ask to make them think I acually want to buy the car from them, so they can drop the price?
I read on the forum someone said it's about $21000~22000 to get what they offering me, (not in QLD), I am hoping to get it around $21500 drive away.

P.S sorry for my bad english

Mike.
Last edited by osgfdt on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm

hi mike, welcome to the club.

flashing cash always works for me :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey Mike, welcome to club CJ!

Try and go at the end of the month, that's when they are under pressure of sales quota.

You can go lower than $23500. Try and aim for $21000?

As for tips buying? Tell them you are ready to buy today and not just browsing. Saying you have the cash ready won't help as much as they make more money from financing. However, saying you have the cash ready means you are committed and ready to buy so it should attract their attention.

I don't know why they wouldn't be taking you seriously, a sale is a sale. And the salesmen need it. If one dealership isn't being serious just go to another.

If you need help or have any questions, just ask!

Ali.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Seriously what's the dealers margin?? IE, how much does the dealer buy the car for??

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Mike,

So you were quoted 23.5k? May I know if you were going for a CVT transmission?

Quix

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 pm

The dealers are hard up to make a sale at the moment, if you can bear it wait a week or two, before you know it they will be ringing you back accepting your offer or play the dealers off against each other.

Before purchasing my RA demo model I made my offer then waited, they only wanted to take $300 off (what was a reasonable price) but I wanted $3000 off in the end they buckled.

I didn't get reverse sensors as I found the lancer easy to reverse (rear wing gives good indication of back of car) however I was told reverse sensors only cost $500, in my opinion hold out!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

osgfdt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby osgfdt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 am

Urm, Quix I have no idea what CVT transmission is.... although I did watch youtube clip about it....(just a silly question: isnt all auto transmission the same for lancer?)

I guess I will have to wait a week or two, see if they contact me.

I used to be good at reverse parking. (Yes, that's right)
But once I get used to having technology to do the job for me, it becomes harder to reverse parking without it.

Yep, technology do kill brain cells.!!!

Mike

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:03 am

Check the newspapers, i saw a ridiculously cheap ad in one, even better than the $20990 runout deals they ran earlier in the year (this for manual)

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 am

Mike,

I meant automatic transmission :) Reason I ask is automatic, on standard, cost more than manual transmission and that maybe that is what you were asking for reason why they gave you 23.5k quote...

The advertised prices are usually for manual transmission... automatic transmission you usually need to add $2000 - $2500 more.

So it always helps to compare prices depending on transmission cause if you compare it to a manual one you will always feel like you didn't get a good deal...

Quix

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 am

All automatic lancers are called CVT (constant variable transmission) except for the RA and EVO as they have a SST transmission which I'm not too familiar with :)

osgfdt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby osgfdt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 am

from what i have heard and read on the forum, SX manual is around $18500~20000? so auto should be around 21000~ 22500, with at least carpet+fuel(one of dealers told me it's 2500 more to get an auto transmission)

I am thinking of getting it for 21000~21500 if i can. I want to get over the research part and acutally enjoy it, (before the end of year i guess)

Thank you for the explanation, GlenoCj.

Mike.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

Hey Mike,

You need to pick one dealer and make them an offer. If you shop around several dealers, none of them will treat you seriously because they know as soon as they give you a price, you will just go to the next one and see if you can get it cheaper.

What you need to do is figure out what you want to pay, and tell them "If you can do it for $xxxxx (or a bit less than what you think is good), I will sign an order right now". Thats the only way you will ever get a dealer to commit to a price - is if you commit to buying a car from them.

Asking for their "best price" you're not going to get anywhere. It is not as simple as 'they buy it for x amount and sell it to you for y amount'. They are also paying interest, floorspace etc on the cars they have so its always changing, but on a car like this the dealer will only be making a few hundred dollars at most.

Alileighju is right about the cash thing, people declare that they're paying cash and think that this magically makes the price cheaper when its the opposite.

I know all this because I used to sell cars, including Mitsubishi.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am

@debonaire that's exactly what I did, I went to the dealer and told them if they sell me the auto VR for $24,500 I'll sign the papers which i did. Picked the car up two days later at Alto at Pennant Hills :)

Jonesy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jonesy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:32 am

I had the same issue when i got my Aspire on Southside Brisbane. First went to moorooka mitsubishi but was a bit like they were half asleep or something. When I went to Springwood I got better service. Tell them you already have an offer of like 21,500 with no extras, see if they beat it. If you end up going to Springwood, ask for Jack, he seems like a bit of an a$$hole to begin with but if ur serious, he was good for me.

However back to moorooka, I always get serviced there, $120 for oil, oil filter and air filter change, along with minor check. And always replace stuff under warranty without drama. Always give me a courtesy vehicle for the day if it is going to take too long :)

osgfdt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby osgfdt » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 am

Thanks debonaire,I am aiming $21000 for an Auto Sx with some extras. I need this car before the end of year, should I wait till december?

Any advise on good Mitsubishi dealers? if not I guess I will go Zupps Mt Gravatt and try to work out a deal there.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”