***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Choosing a SX over a VR.

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

im prety sure the sx has tweeters aswell.. at least mine does?if not what are the small speakers in the front corners? cos i got two in the front doors and two in the back

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Mickyj63 wrote:[quote:cfd26b040a=Tac89]The sx does come with the map lights but none of the other things you listed. I bought the sx because of the money i had at the time. i love it though. I also use the usb aswell, so there isnt any use for the 6 stacker. I really like the spoiler too, nice height.[/quote:cfd26b040a] Might be my age but I had the reversing sensors installed .along with the Mitsubishi ralliart decals and dark tinted windows .Not sure but I may be getting a midlife crisis lmao. Decal and neoprene seat-covers were due to seeing them on an SX awaiting delivery . Got to say the normal test drive didnt do it for me but going down the side streets and being told left right left right made me feel like I was in a rally . Bottom line for me I was about to start a car buying quest had a huge list of companies to call on .But $$$ were the main reason the other cars were more $$$ and smaller and who is to say better built . Drove it loved .

Michael if you think the standard Lancer handles well you should feel how one handles with a few mods like thicker sway bars, lowered and braces.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

they are just tweeter covers... no speakers in em...

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

oh really?
well thats really dissapointing.
at least they give u a good spot to fit aftermarket ones? i suppose thats a possitive

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Honestly.....my wipers are on manual....my lights are on manual and the auto climate im sure is just a temp sticker over the hot/cold one,,,the auto stuff novelty wears off pretty damn quick....the auto wipers is annoying actually....they come on for no reason...but its a shock sensor not water afterall...and anoying thing when i bought my ralliart is i wanted leather and sunroof and the only way to get leather was to get all the audio stuff and a 2 mth wait and still no sunroof.But i bought it for Performance,AWD and its gearbox and I absolutely love it. The gizmos do wear off....would actually rather a six stacker over my MMCS

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 am

king eternal wrote:Youre forgetting that the newer vr has more features than the older ones such as the folding mirrors, the smart key system and the colour display instead of orange. Also the sx its missing small things like [s:9696664086]map readers at the front[/s:9696664086], fog lights, stereo tweeters, more chrome, side skirts (I could be wrong so please correct me if so) Personally the automatic lights and wipers are one of the favourite things about the car for me, it makes me feel like Im driving a more advance car, and its extremely convenient for me. I cant say much for the climate control as we havent really hit summer yet (bought my second hand so its a little bit of a different situation). You can also get the rockford system is an optional extra on the vr and not on the sx. When it comes down to it, it is how deep your pockets are.

I dont have maplights :( Might be the 2011 up that have them

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:52 pm

pete said:

would actually rather a six stacker over my MMCS

dibs on a swap :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Mickyj63
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mickyj63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 pm

aspir3 wrote:[quote:5123ea8a12=Mickyj63][quote:cfd26b040a=Tac89]The sx does come with the map lights but none of the other things you listed. I bought the sx because of the money i had at the time. i love it though. I also use the usb aswell, so there isnt any use for the 6 stacker. I really like the spoiler too, nice height.[/quote:cfd26b040a] Might be my age but I had the reversing sensors installed .along with the Mitsubishi ralliart decals and dark tinted windows .Not sure but I may be getting a midlife crisis lmao. Decal and neoprene seat-covers were due to seeing them on an SX awaiting delivery . Got to say the normal test drive didnt do it for me but going down the side streets and being told left right left right made me feel like I was in a rally . Bottom line for me I was about to start a car buying quest had a huge list of companies to call on .But $$$ were the main reason the other cars were more $$$ and smaller and who is to say better built . Drove it loved .[/quote:5123ea8a12] Michael if you think the standard Lancer handles well you should feel how one handles with a few mods like thicker sway bars, lowered and braces.

LOL think I'll stay standard and I liked it going round the corners handled nicely
My 2011 sx the best damn car Ive ever owned or driven !!!

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Good on ya Steve lol

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 am

Mickyj63 wrote: LOL think Ill stay standard and I liked it going round the corners handled nicely

I have a lot of hairy corners here to worry about and the standard SX corners like it's on rails. It's one of the best we've ever had where handling is concerned (we've leased 24 new cars in 24 years so it's not like I've only ever driven a few cars in my lifetime).

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”