***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Delivery confirmed!! Woo hoo!!

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Millerz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Delivery confirmed!! Woo hoo!!

Postby Millerz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

After a few emotional roller coaster rides due to dealer going back and forth on his word, finally got the confirmation!!

As of 4.00pm today, I'll have the keys to a new SX (with a few extras, ofcourse)!!

Can wait for the next four hours to pass by. :)

As this is the first car I'm buying, does any one have any advice on what to expect/check for at delivery? And what I should push for to get thrown in? or any general advice on a new car buy?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty excited now :D
Millerz
Lancer CJ SX + leather + reverse sensors + DIY sunglass holder.
<sub>"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" </sub>

MrMuppet
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MrMuppet » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:11 pm

First of all Congrats on the Lancer :)

Be sure to check for any marks, take photos if there are any, and make sure they document the damage before you accept the car.
We had bought a new 05 Colt, and they had hit the passenger mirror on a wall, and we never got it fixed as when my wife picked it up, she didn't get a photo so we had no proof.
And go for a full tank of fuel, you have just spent a large sum of money with them after all.

Good luck with the car and drive safe :)
My CJ is the best. "Why??" It has 3 DVD Players :)

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

dont take the keys off them untill uve done ur inspection

and congrats !!!!!!!!!

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:10 pm

yup.. if they dont offer to take you around the car, ask them too and double check everything..

Try not to get carried away in awe of your new purchase.

When I bought a Jaris for the wife many years ago... She was so excited to be getting her new car, she didnt check anything... they gave her the keys and I walked out and saw one of the indicators kept flashing from time to time... I asked the question and they took the keys back and told us that the upgraded alarm wasnt functioning properly... took then 2 more days to correct issue and delivery the car... they gave her 3 months free service for the inconvience.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:03 pm

When Dad bought his first new Camry in 1994 we got home and a friend looked at the front bumper and asked when I hit something. There was a massive hole in it. I'd driven straight home via the supermarket car park. I'd parked near a barrier so nobody could have hit me and Dad sat in the car the whole time.

We went straight back out to the dealers and showed them. They informed me that someone must have hit me. We informed them that there was no way anybody could have hit us and that it must have been there before because they had the front of the car parked up so close to another one when we picked it up that we couldn't see it.

Dad was a panel beater and knew what he was doing and went over the car but he didn't see the bumper. It was hidden well. We ended up getting a new bumper but it was hard work making them get it.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Don't be afraid of the dealer would be my advice! It's easy to feel all flustered when they are all up in your face and following you around!
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 pm

When I picked mine up I annoyed the dealer while hubby went over it with a fine toothed comb :)

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah..and make sure all the accessories(if any) are fitted properly..and are NEW...(I found some scratches on the weathershields & bonnet protector, but they plastic/acrylic and prone to scratches), feel the paint, check for all the tools/jack/sparewheel etc. , check all the lights work, check that bluetooth works, check tyres/rims...the list is endless!! Although most dealers wont do any wrong...prevention is always better than cure :)
Hope you 'Love that Car' !!
ooh...that warm feeling is still so fresh...mine's only 3.5 weeks old :)

Good luck
Drive safe :D

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Just make them go around the car with you and make sure all works, it helps to have a second pair of eyes in case you miss anything... in my case i took my brother with me.

Some dealers won't be as friendly compared to when they were still selling you the car, it was good for me that mine was very eager to show me around my car and even paired up my mobile with the handsfree, when through all the details of the warranty again, reminded me of all the minimum service requirements, specifically pointed out all the add-ons that were included to the car, showed me how to manually override the alarm, showed me everything inside the boot (even reminded me to check the air the in the spare tyre once in a while) and everything.

It was a good service I received from them in closing the deal.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm

I had the same experience Karl. My dealer helped me with my phone and the bluetooth and showed me all the bits and looked nearly as excited as me when I was driving away. While he was telling me everything Hubby was checking it out for problems. He rang me on the Monday after to make sure I was happy and then rang me again when my mats came in :) I was extremely happy with the service :)

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 pm

^ That is really good customer service.
Even I had the guy explain me everything about warranty and service...and ticking boxes in the booklet as he explained. Also showed me how to pair my phone with the Bluetooth system, how to make a call..play music..etc.. etc.. But it was done in a rush...was almost 5:30 on a monday evening..LOL (I wouldnt blame him) The guy I dealt with originally for 3 weeks..went on holidays the day my car was delivered...otherwise it would have been an even better experience. The biggest plus in my case was that I was given a loan car(a Lancer of course) while I waited for my car to be delivered. He even came to the train station to pick me up :D
5 Stars from me !!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 pm

It's one of the things that makes the car even better. The brilliant experience buying it :)

Then when I took it for it's first service the service manager got upset that it came to me without them putting guards on the back doors to stop the stone chips on our crap country road. He then gave me a bottle of the polish he uses for his show cars for nothing. It makes the car all sparkly :) Some people have complaints about that dealer but I've had nothing but great experiences with them :)

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”