***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Test drove an SX, thinking of buying....help! lol

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:22 am

well i think the best advice i can give u is write down the accessories u want... the basic would be probs full tank of petrol, foglights, reverse sensors and carpets and make sure they are OEM..... and if they dont wanna budge then just walk away and say i will just take my business elsewhere..... dont get suckered in by their sales crap.... When they see u walkin away they will then play ball.... just stick to ure guns and if they dont budge dont worry just go a to another dealer.... if all of em say the same thing then just wait a few days they will def call ya and wanna do business and lastly after u sign the paper they will take u in a room and try to psycho u into gettin overpriced tinting and paint protection and other stuff.... just keep saying no cuz u can get these stuff elsewhere at much cheaper prices...

Also i rkn with those accessories stick to a price of 21000.... settle for maybe 21500 and nothing more.... also make sure its a brand new car that comes with the bluetooth.....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 am

im buying a brand new sx, and wanting to put pen to paper tomorrow.
Last night I got my dealer to go from approx 20,448 down to 19,800.
This is for new, 2011 sx, with the Bluetooth, mats and full tank.
Gunna ring him today and say ill goto 20,000 if I het headlamp protectors and fogs.
Fingers crossed.

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 am

also, not sure if its a national special but a new 2011 es all the adds I'm seeing is for 19,488.[img]Image%20Location[/img]

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

23k for a brand new SX is a good price since it's a CVT. you'll find a few who we're able to get a drive-away deal for 20k or 21k but those are manual transmission.

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am

Looks like you missed the SX boat, for months they were on runout for $20990 (CLAIM extra for paint but thats what i got my silver bullet for). If yours is Auto maybe $23k slightly high but if its manual no way.

AWESOME car though, u looking at sedan or sportsback?

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am

23k for SX is expensive. should be able to bring it down to 22k ez
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 am

$23K for an auto SX is about what it should be. The manual was $20990 or $21K approx. Auto is usually $2K more so the $23 is in line with what the deal was a month or so ago.

I got my manual for $21K. It's a 2011 plated car but I got it in February in the 2010 runout for the same price as the 2010 plated cars. I live in country NSW so there wasn't much room to haggle without going a long way away and it was still cheaper than the Mazda.

Try to get as much free stuff as you can.

I don't know what some of the people on here have been doing because they've been getting manual SX's for under $20K instead of the advertised $21K and getting reversing sensors and heaps of other stuff free.

The ES is on a national deal $19488 for a manual with pretty paint :) Tell them that you won't pay any more than that for an ES :)

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Erin, (sorry didn't realise you're a girl....:P in your other thread)
Thought you were looking for something used... good on ya for looking at NEW :) you wont regret it...trust me

I think 21K ish... should be do-able for an Auto SX with atelast 5 accessory itmes included...full tank of fuel and 12 months rego.

Southside Mitsu was the first dealer I went to as well. did you talk with the young bloke(micheal?/matthew?..had a 'novski' in his last name)
Also...read my post on your other thread...I can still try'n call the dealer and see if they can offer a good price(I'll be going for my 1st 1500km service/check-up next week)...they were really good to deal with.

@Rahul
Mate..I had the worst experience at Paceway when I was looking for mine. He probably didn't like me because I knew my facts & figures very well..and was shocked(well thats what he showed) when I told him what price I was offered at other dealership(s). He agreed at the price...and printed the contract to sign...and I took out my 'accessories' card..I was ready to pay extra for the extras..but at a discount..and was given the rudest(indirect) response...mind you I was thre with my wife..so it was really offensive. In the end he said he'll call me tomorrow with the best price including accessories... he didnt call until mid-day so I called...and he was busy...needless to say never heard back from him...so I signed with the dealer I had gone to originally within the next hour....the best thing I did! phewww.. /rant *yell*
sorry Erin...I took it off topic..
but back on topic.. Good luck with your hunt. :)

Edit: You going for the Scott Kelby WorldWide photo walk this weekend?

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 am

Hey guys :)

Bargained a lot. But could only get down the 22 with quite a few extras like reverse sensors thrown in. Now just to see if the loan goes through. They are all pretty confident that there will be no problems, but best not to get my hopes up until I know for sure, although apparently now is a really good time to buy a car?

Anyways its black and preeettttyyy :)

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 am

ah congrats... what accessories did u get?

~LancerVR~

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:46 am

Ah don't congratulate me yet until I find out its actually mine ;) :D

Just off the top of my head, dash cover, floor matts, reverse sensors, bluetooth, some really nice seat covers, chip and scuff guards, the paint protection, free tank of fuel (for me, and my dad) plus a free mug haha. :D

Anyways I'm off to bed guys. Hopefully have some good news tomorrow. If not looks like I will be going secondhand for my lancer. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 am

wow not bad.... u did well.... heres hoping everything comes thru for ya :P

~LancerVR~

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 am

Wow! good luck. I bought my car 2 years ago tmrw. :P
end of month is good, but sept is also end of quarter! i had the guy throwing the car at me because they just needed to sqeak thru for the manufacturer bonus if they hit target. it was just luck.
at least you remembered the carpet matts, i forgot about that... lol however i managed to snare other accessories.
Best of luck, fingers crossed from over here in the east coast for you. :)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Juisarian
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Juisarian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Bluetooth's not an extra on the 2011 SX by the way, but many dealers seem to want you to think it is :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:52 pm

That's right Adam. They just want you to think they're giving you another freebie. It's been standard on the SX since November. So's the USB. You'll find that in the glovebox :)

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”