***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

so the time has come.

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

so the time has come.

Postby hobba » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 am

Yesterday I went in and test drove a lancer. Very happy with it
A lot beter than my '91 civic. Obviously haha.

My misses is also getting a new car, a Nissan Micra from the same dealer. Problem is, they have a 3.5% or so finance rate which ends on Friday. And so to get the cheap finance for her car along with an added discount from buy 2 cars at once from the joint mitsu/nissan deal, we have to put pen to paper by Friday.

this leaves me only a short time to haggle the price down..

I rang another dealer who is only about 45 mins away and who is also a joiny mitsu and Nissan dealer who said he would beat the deal on both cars, maybe not so much on price but definitely throw in some accessories.

So after this essay of a post, was just wondering what people thought the best way to go about haggling with my dealer tonight would be. What and how to say.
Keeping in mind I want to stay at this dealer just for the ease of it.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 am

3.5%? I'm sure I saw an ad up here last night for a 1.9% rate on a Nissan Micra. Hmmmm

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

Its end of the month deal time.. you can screw them for alot... especially if you can play them against each other...

You should be able to get alot of the accessories for free or 1/2 price at worst..

Remember your dealer has a sales target to meet.. end of the month.. he will be desperately trying to make it to that target.

Tell him you have been offered a similar/ better price at another dealership with more options...
If I sign today what is the best deal you can give me, I dont really want to buy from the other guy, but hes offered a pretty good deal...

Make sure the dealer knows you have other options and your happy to go to him if he cant meet your expectations.

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am

Yeah 1.9% is over 3 years. Were going 3.5% over 5 years. She's not working atm cos shes at home looking after our 4 month old so we don't know when shes going.back to work since its our first so its safer/ cheaper in the short term for us... no fees at all tho which is good even if we pay it out early.

China
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby China » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm

why not a his and hers lancer? Be prepared to walk away from the deal if you're not happy with it. There are other dealers who would be happy to take your money.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Fair enough Jacob. They just advertise the 1.9% on the telly. Wanted to make sure you weren't being ripped off :)

I'm at the other end of the spectrum. My youngest finished Yr 12 last week. Just the exams to go and she's moving to Brisbane with her brothers. I gave her my old 121 and hubby bought me a Lancer for Valentines Day so I can do what I want to do. Whenever I want to do it hehe.

The Micra should be great for her. So would a Mazda 2 for that matter. Got to think of boot space for prams. It's always good to know that she's got a reliable car when she's out with the baby :) I had my 121 Bubble from new for 14 years. It was fine with kids especially when hubby had a bigger work car for family holidays with him. Normally I would just pack up the 3 kids and the border collie in the Bubble and go on holidays without him :) Before the 121 I had a 1973 929 Coupe (2 door pointy nose RX4 shape) with 3 babies. You've just got to buy car seats that fit the car instead of cars to fit the car seat :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 pm

China wrote:why not a his and hers lancer? Be prepared to walk away from the deal if youre not happy with it. There are other dealers who would be happy to take your money.

Michael has a point. You can get the Lancers for under $20000. And they're extremely safe. But a really small car can also be good. They can get in anywhere and are easier to park :)

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Boot size is pretty good on the Micra considering the car is tiny.
But we.both need new.cars that have the air bags and all the safety things.
If we had a crash in the cars we had now it would be bad for both us and the baby. But the air bags and abs and all that gives a better chance.

Problem is we need the cheap interest on her car as being only early 20's money is tight and lower intrest means more money in our pocket so we have to jump on it.

If I told dealer 1 that dealer number 2 was going to add reversing sensors to both cars for nothing but this was a lie, would he ring and check or something?

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I can understand that mate :)

My Bubble had no safety stuff whatsoever. Hubby used to worry every time we went anywhere but now he's fine when I go places because of all the safety stuff in the Lancer. Nothing, except luxury stuff, had airbags and that when I got the Bubble. We shoved it onto the house loan so that I could have a reliable, good, airconditioned car. We lived on the Far North Coast of NSW and it used to be very hot and humid. Thinking about it we extended the current house loan (different town, different house) so that I could have the Lancer.

Don't know if they'd ring and check. Good luck with it though :)

What colours are you going to get? And an ES or SX Lancer? Got to have all the facts here :)

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 pm

You should be able to do that. My dealer was a joint Mitsu/Holden dealer. I had him add an alarm, a reverse sensor and a garmin sat nav based on my word alone that my sister will be buying a Cruze from them. Keep in mind that this was after he already added the mats, tints, leather seats and trim as a plus when I made the deal with him for the Lancer alone even before I mentioned recommending my sister to them.

Now remember this is just based on my word alone that my sister would be getting the Cruze from them. She ended up doing so anyway.

You on the other hand are already buying two cars from them guaranteed if you come to an agreement so I think you've got leverage.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:09 pm

To add to that, after she bought the car and went with her to pick it up after 3 weeks or so and I was still able to cut a deal for 35% discount on my front and rear skirts plus no charge on fitting.

I'm happy with what I got and also my sister got a few freebies too even after I piggybacked on her purchase.

So good luck with your negotiating!!!

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey Jacob, definitely take your time and visit as many other dealers as you can. Don't let the "gotta sign by today" fool you, there will always be a chance. Also, tell dealers you have been shopping around and use the fact that you will be buying 2 cars to your advantage!

It might help if you tell us the model you are thinking of buying and the price the dealers are quoting.

Ali.

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Going for a black sx lancer sedan. nd the bottom level Nissan Micra. Both 2011. And been offered to start with 20,400 and 15,000.
That's with no haggling. Told them to have a joint price for me by tonight. Told both dealers this.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Sounds like a plan. The black is nice. I was torn between the black and the blue. The blue won :) What colour does your wife want? The Micras come in all sorts of interesting colours don't they? :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm going to chance a guess here, they will come back to you with an offer of A$35,000 for both cars together. Perhaps throwing in mats and a full tank of gas.

Let us know how generous they get... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”