***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Looking at buying my first lancer...any tips?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Lol I like the white, black, and electric blue. Not really a fan of the pale blue or silver/grey

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 2177A794B8

See something like this looks good to me. But...it has to be an auto...never got my manual license :oops: We only had auto cars to learn in

peternguyen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby peternguyen » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Just for your reference, I bought my Lancer second hand. It is a 2009 ES, automatic and had done 38,000km at the point of purchase. Was stock with the addition of reverse sensors and tinted windows and was purchased through a Mitsubishi dealer for $16500 and included 12 months registration. The condition was very good inside and out.

Think about what you may wish to change/add in the future to help you decide which model you want. For example, if you will want to put a VRX spoiler and a set of rims of your own choice, then the spoiler and rims that you get on an SX will soon become redundant, and that money could have been saved to spend on your upgrades.

king eternal
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby king eternal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I bought my car second hand at government auctions, I got an 2008 VR CVT 45000km for $13000 at auction, and it had reverse sensors and full size spare kit, and 12 months regristration left on it (the buy it now price was around 15000-16000), because it was ex police you save a couple grand as people are paranoid (but in reality theyve been taken good care of and serviced regularly). governmentauctions.com.au
If the car is not ex police there expect to pay normal rate (which kinda defeats the purpose), and also check out the car before going to auction, I spent at least 6 months going back and forth to the place to find a lancer that was in great condition and was in my low budget at the auction, so you have to be patient if you go this route.
Also I dont know if there is many lancer police cars in perth? in sydney there was only 1-3 a week on auction, usually there was only 1.

Just thought ill share some other options besides carsales.com for secondhand.

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey thanks never heard of government auction! Checking it out now

Ezza_1989
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ezza_1989 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm

http://governmentauctions.com.au/vehicl ... er=3197678

Wow will defiantly keep them in mind!!!

king eternal
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby king eternal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 pm

When they go to auction they tend to go cheaper :) you just have to hope it doesnt sell before hand, otherwise time looking at the car is kinda wasted, happened to me haha.
But yeah what I did I looked on government auction for the car then went onto manheim.com.au searched for the car there because it has condition report
http://www.manheim.com.au/pcv/items/319 ... rchResults

The condition report might sometimes be large but they seem to be insane with it, like on my car it had all this stuff and I spent an hour going over it and half of the "damage" wasnt there (when I found the damage they described as a dent it was microscopic haha, would not of seen it if it wasnt pointed out and looked at specific angles, like i cant see where they are anymore as i forget the exact location, and ive looked!)
Thats why I suggest looking in person instead of relying solely on their report, as I saw some people do.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”