***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Why did you choose Ralliart Lancer?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Why did you choose Ralliart Lancer?

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:09 pm

I've had my 2009 Ralliart Lancer for a couple of days now. I'm after some opinions.

Firstly I really like this car and don't regret buying it at all, however I must admit I did not test drive it before I bought it, and I did not test any other cars such as WRX.

Did anyone here choose to buy the Ralliart Lancer over the WRX and why?

I don't usually just go out and buy stuff, especially cars but this just sort of happened. I got it for a good price i believe any way.

I really like that it's auto and has the flappy paddles for when the trans isn't choosing the gear I want.

I also really like the automatic hill start feature in the transmission. I had a 95 manual commodore that had some mild mods but the hand brake was a pain to use and I used to avoid steep hills and car park ramps.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am

i think its bloody brilliant i got a 2010 model RA and dont regret it at all, i checked the WRX out prior but seriously... something isnt right with them, nice power the weight on em very comfy but the dash is just all wrong and so are a few other things on the car :S....
something just doesnt feel right in them, just not up to scratch unless u get all the extras which ends up at something stupid....

either way id take my RA over it ten fold its just to good
but anyway it comes down to your own opinion so yeah... go take one for a test drive see what u reckon

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Marcus,

I bought a new Ralliart and was also looking at the new WRX. Basically a couple of my friends have had terrible experiences with the subaru dealerships so this swayed me completely. Also I prefer the styling of the lancer and my wife did not let me by the Evo X.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm

I have had my RA for a year now.A 5 minute test drive was all it took.It is by far the best car I have ever owned,also the best looking.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks for the replies guys

Yeah I reckon the Lancer looks way better than the Impreza, that was a big factor.

Actually I'm glad it doesn't come with the sort of stigma that owning a WRX has. Although I'm already getting the "there's cops around the corner" from old people and the snide remarks from bogans in Commodores.

Although the interior in the Lancer is not that great quality, it looks good enough, but i think that has more to do with my individual car.

I'm going to enjoy it as stock for a while and then I might look at mods like a stereo or ECU tune later.

gerrys
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gerrys » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

I had a WRX MY04. Worked really well and no issue other than Brant Alarm system. Subaru changed it for free.

Down side is, here in Perth, police really like to stop my car just to check license, mod (my car had no modification at all) and random breath test.

I converted to the dark side. Sold my WRX and get an Evo. Very low profile car (not like a race car or something) and its similar with standard Lancer ES/SX series, so police wouldn't bother to stop me.

Cheers
Gerry

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I test drove just about every car there was before getting my RA , from Lexus (Camry with fruit), BMW (Big Money Wasted) to HSV (Lounge chair on wheels) i finally originally decided on an Evo X and then when it came down to signing the cheque i just couldnt warrant the extra money and the seats would be uncomfortable on a long drive so i bought an RA. I have allways been a Nissan guy from when i was about 15 but they just dont have anything apart from the GTR (Way over the budget)
The RA for the money is the best car ive owned.....the TC gearbox is just sensational.
Worst car i drove was a Commodore R8...."Handled like a cat on wet tiles" and felt like i was driving a truck. The mazda mps was the most suprising but just didnt have the TC gearbox option.
Anyway im sure you will love your RA.....Cant fault mine at all.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:32 am

It may be quicker than the RA but the WRX is just unbearably ugly inside and out, plus the engine sound is not my cup of tea.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

goatio
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby goatio » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 am

i dont like the scoop on the wrx , its to loutish
its screaming 4 attention
the RA is more refined & awsome 2 behold + i love the tc
mods 2 date =
k&n h/f filter
darkest legal tint
avanti tallons 18/8"
federals ss 235/40
hell braided brake lines
blaaack calipers
whiteline sport swaybars F/R
bendix ultimate b/p's front
RA calliper stickers
red badges
boost gauge
RA peddles
more on their way...

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:37 pm

We had an '04 Forester with luxury pack and loved it. Adam was bored and found an EvoX for $36k with low k's so I enquired about it and but it had already sold. The dealer then told me all about the RA so we went looking that weekend.

Took a second hand one for a drive but had been thrashed (14m old, 50,000k's and the clutches grinded - not good sign for SST!) so decided against it but they offered a new '10 for $39,990 less $10k for the Forester so bought it on the spot :)
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

tencents
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tencents » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:59 pm

I traded my 07 Camry for a 09 Ralliart, I absolutely love this car. Originally wanted the EVO, but having a kid and another on the way, i need a lil more boot space than what the evo has to offer. Only thing I miss is the extra room the Camry has, but no regrets on getting the RA. I think the New WRX looks nice, but only comes in outdated 5 speed stick... The RA tcsst is awesome. And in terms of looks i think the RA pisses all over the WRX anyday.. Love that car!
- GST basemap
- AMS boostpill
- Works High flow drop in air filter
- Evo X BPV
- UR UICP

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:24 pm

I have my 09 RA for 3 weeks now and i enjoy every second in it!

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Same here @tencents Had our 2 1/2 year old and 2 months preg with no. 2
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I originally bought an 09 Ralliart new as I couldn't justify the price of the X - Its a great car for the money and I really enjoyed owning it, However I couldn't get over the fact that I didint go for the X so ended up trading it in and picking up an X in January. With that said though, The ralliart was a fantastic car and I have to admit I kinda miss her sometimes :P
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 pm

When I started this thread I basically knew nothing about this car or it's market competitors.

From what I've seen the Golf GTI is nicer inside and has the DSG but is slower and expensive. The WRX is faster than the RA, but the interior is pretty much the same and still only comes in a traditional 5 speed. The Mazda 3 MPS is faster again, but still with only the manual trans and only FWD. I reckon the Lancer looks the best, although the Golf is a pretty nice car to look at.

I took my car out for a long drive in the mountains for the first time a few days ago. I really think the RA has the best drivetrain combination for everyday driving and performance and it all has to do with the transmission. TC is awesome.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”