***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Purchase a MY11 Lancer VRX now or wait for 2012 lancer

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

inthemarketforalancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Purchase a MY11 Lancer VRX now or wait for 2012 lancer

Postby inthemarketforalancer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey everyone,

If there is another thread or post about this then let me know, i couldn't find one.

Well, i am looking to buy a lancer vrx 2011 model but its almost the end of the year and im not sure when the new lancer will be coming out or even if Mitsubishi are working on a new one.

What does everyone recommend. Buy the current model or wait for the new one depending whether there any new features and the MY12 model is upgraded and stuff??

I looked on the internet and couldn't really find information on whether a new lancer was in the works. Does anyone know if a new one is coming out??

I was originally looking at purchasing the Lancer VR but once i saw the features the VRX had (18" alloys, sports suspension, factory fitted rockford fosgate audio system, privacy glass, rear spoiler and there's more lol), i decided VRX it is :)

So im stuck. Wait for the new one or buy the old one. What would others do??

Thanks for any answers.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi Josh,
I havnt seen or heard of any new models updates etc...
When i bought my RA last year i had to wait for an MY10 and that was in Aug 2010 for the color and specs etc... i wanted. There was still MY09
floating around. You will get a good deal though at the moment.
Cheers

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Everyone faces this same question. My advice is simple.

"If you need the car now, buy it now. If you can afford paying full price and wait, the MY12 will always have more in it."

There will always be new stuff in each revision.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:59 pm

I don't know about the MY12s. Best to ask your dealer. Although they might tell you there are no differences in the MY12 just to get you to buy a car from them now.

If you are going for the VRX you should think about upgrading to the Aspire.
I got my VRX brand new for 27500.

My dealer was willing to sell me an aspire for 31 without haggling. You could probably bring that down to about 30000.

For a few extra thousand you get:

MMCS ($3000)
Leather ($2000)
HIDs ($1000+)
and a few other features like wood grain dash, chrome bits.

The only features missing from the aspire compared to the VRX are the spoiler and alloy pedals, both of which you can get the dealer to put in for you if you want.

So you can see the aspire is more value for money if you are willing to just spend a little bit more. I wish I had got the aspire.

Ali.

inthemarketforalancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby inthemarketforalancer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes i haven't heard any updates or news of a new lancer, but im pretty happy with the 2011 lancers :)

I might buy the Lancer VRX 2011 model since im not really fussed with which model just thought i should get the new one but i guess old is gold :wink:

And Alileighju: I saw the aspire model and its okay but i don't really need the extra features. The VRX has the 6 disc cd changer and the rear spoiler as standard. But the aspire does look really good inside ;)

Anyone know if Mitsubishi can place an alarm system on the lancer?? I saw on the specs that it doesn't come with a factory fitted alarm system. Has anyone managed to get one done by the dealer?

I would prefer an alarm i like being safe :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Only the Ralliart and Evo will come with alarms at point of sale.

You can always go to an auto electrician and install an after market system.

Your dealer is out to make more money from anything you want to add.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

inthemarketforalancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby inthemarketforalancer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 am

Ok thanks, if i buy the lancer i'll just add an alarm later on.

My friend has a MY11 VRX lancer and he let me test drive it yesterday... i love it :)

There are soo many features in the car as im upgrading from a 98 Toyota corolla csi 1.6L

The only problem i had was with the rear spoiler as i couldn't really see what was behind me, it was blocking the view.

Anyone know if the dealer can fit a new spoiler on and how much it would roughly cost? Im looking at the rear boot spoiler (premium style).

Here's the link: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/ass ... sories.pdf

I seen the genuine OEM Mitsubishi parts page on this website but couldn't find the price of that spoiler. http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=1131

Thanks.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 am

There is no one who can tell you a price really. Only the dealer you're asking for it from.

This is as Mits gives the dealer the spoiler at a RRP, the dealer is entitled to slap on whatever they want.

I would suggest that if you're not in a hurry for the spoiler. Sit and wait. People on this site constantly upgrade their spoilers, some SX owner may want your VRX spoiler. You can then get his SX spoiler with cash for your VRX one.
Last edited by ofey on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Haha, I got my VRX spoiler changed for an SX spoiler by the dealer when I bought it.

I later sourced out a second hand VRX spoiler again and changed it back. Big regret. The VRX just doesn't look the same with a SX spoiler.

Just stick with the VRX spoiler. It isn't that bad. I use my side mirrors mostly anyways.

You can always get it changed later e.g. Evo wing.

inthemarketforalancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby inthemarketforalancer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Alileighju wrote: Just stick with the VRX spoiler. .

Yer your prob right.. there's a reason why i want to buy the VRX then to change the spoiler would just spoil it lol..

I will go around Sydney and see the deals they offer on the VRX. I won't buy for another 2 months since i'll be holidays for around 2 months soonish so best to buy it when i get back :)

BTW one more question. I see there's only privacy glass on the rear windows and windscreen of the VRX. Do mitsubishi provide tinting for the front 2 windows to make it look less weird?? Leaving the front windows without privacy glass looks odd.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Depends what your looking for. If you happy with current line-up just get anyone of those but might be worth waiting for the next MY cycle though. With the US getting the AWD NA Lancer who knows what Australia is going to get.

Although one difference between AU and US is Mitsubishi have no problems selling the Lancers in AU
MZG1 leader

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

The Mitsubishi dealer can tint the front 2 windows for you.
You can also take it to a Tint place and get it done pretty cheap and quick.

If you want it to match the rear privacy glass you'll have to go illegal (~20%).

I got my fronts done in 35% (darkest legal).

You can probably get the dealers to do free tints for you in your purchase.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:26 pm

You can replace the VRX spoiler with the lower or Evo spoiler. Unfortunately if you fit the lip spoiler like i have then you will be left with holes in the bumper. You can adjust the height of the rear vision mirror which can help the position of the rear spoiler from your vision. Many people do not know you can adjust the height about 30mm.

You are best to get the tint directly from a window tintor to save you money. Preferable not tintacar as they are expensive. Also to get the fronts to match the privacy glass is legally too dark so many dealers will not get fit it dark enough.

inthemarketforalancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby inthemarketforalancer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

Hey everyone,

Well as i started this thread before... i was watching tv yesterday and the mitsubishi ad came on.

It said they were doing the end of model runout to make way for the MY12 mitsubishi lancers.

If this is the case then i might as well wait for the new one then.

Any one else saw this ad?? It showed the red mitsubishi lancer SX and i guess the other mitsubishi cars.

EDIT!! It was actually a white mitsubishi lancer and here is the ad on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCUAK0lxI0

It says they are clearing all 2011 models to make room for 2012 models so i assume a new lancer is being worked on. I guess i can wait to see if the new lancer would be any good.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:04 pm

The 2012 models will likely cost a few thousands more than the run-out ones and are harder to haggle with. But in turn, you recoup the higher price by virtue of better resale, as it is effectively a year younger. And if Mitsu found a number of niggles, most, if not all of them may have been corrected in the newer batch.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”