***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thinking of buying a 2010 MY11 VRX Sportback.

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Rbrash10
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Rbrash10 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for the replies I think I'm set on the vex sport back, plus I haven't driven a manual for years and hopping into this vrx felt so easy changing gears, I'm not to fussed on the thin paint because i enjoy getting out the orbital for a little pAint correction, and the rattles don't bother me either because I like my music loud lol. But thanks very much for the help, and I will post pics as soon as I get this vrx.. but just have to wait until the insurance co. Checks out my commodore....

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun May 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Good Luck on everything mate hope it all works out ok for ya and welcome to club cj

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Hmm, the sedan actually has more headroom at the back as the sportback has a rear sloping roof - also the sportback is slightly more difficult to get in in my opnion for some reason.

But anyway, the folding seats are a big practical plus if you are looking to put some bulky stuff in the boot.

There are otehr cars (please no bashing) that have great handling reviews. Check out the Suzuki Kisashi - apparantly this car handles really well (well most suzukis do) and has good fuel economy. Slightly bigger for the family as well. 6 speed manual is better than a 5 speed manual from Mitsu.

Do take a look at the aspire - you do get more kit for your money but its CVT only.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Rbrash10
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Rbrash10 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Well guys Just waiting to sign the contract for my new Lancer, pretty rapped at the moment, cant wait. Look forward to hanging around on this forum and learning. Just wondering has anyone had any problems with the MMMC?

Thanks again

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

aspir3 wrote:The Aspire is good value for money but it does not come in manual or hatchback.

There is nothing to look out for with the lancers. Their quality build is good and it is a really reliable vehicle back by the best warranty around.

The biggest complaint by members is the thin paint and the amount of stone chips that damage the paint.

agree, the paint is way too thin, stone chips guarantee after hwy

Scott
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:13 pm

I just bought the MY10 version with CVT over in Perth. paid $22k if thats any indication

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Scott wrote:I just bought the MY10 version with CVT over in Perth. paid $22k if thats any indication

Hey mate..was this a used one or an old stock from a dealer or a demo?
Sounds like a great price for a VRX. Well done.
I'm looking into buying an SX myself...just need to start haggling with the dealers.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 pm

The MY11 SX are on runout at around $20990. Or you could wait for the MY12.

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:The MY11 SX are on runout at around $20990. Or you could wait for the MY12.

Yep...20990 for MY11..going to start getting for quotes from dealers...best so far is 20990 w/- tint and mats, but I'm sure this could be beaten. how much did you get yours for Jacqueline? If I may ask?

Thanks

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”