***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thining about buying a CJ Lancer

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

SugarShane
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Thining about buying a CJ Lancer

Postby SugarShane » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm looking at getting a new car and the Lancers have taken my eye. There are a few CJ's around here for sale, some MY08s and MY09s that look pretty decent. I just wanted to know from people with experience what they're like.

A bit of backstory, i have a 98 TF Magna that i bought in 2005, which has been a pretty decent car for the most part, but lately has just started to have different things go wrong with it. It also seems to be falling apart so to speak, with flimsy plastic bits and pieces falling off and out everywhere.

So really what i want to know is how the Lancers perform. Coming from a V6, do you lose a heap of grunt? I do a bit of freeway driving in the Adelaide Hills so how do they go up the hills? No troubles?

The price range i've been seeing for them seems to be around $17500 to $20000, does that seem about right?

Thanks everyone for your help!

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi Shane and Welcome to ClubCJ ...I had a 95 V6 Magna before I brought my 08 VR Lancer and I Reckon my lancer has more grunt then the V6 Magna Had ...Iam really happy with the CJ :smile:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Shane welcome to the club.

There have been no real issues with the cj lancer.

Power is a hard one. If you are use to driving a big V8 then the lancer will seem a little slow. Compared to most other models they are very good. I find the Lancer has no trouble with having enough power. i have the 2.4L model though.

If you do a lot of country then the auto (CVT) is more economical.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”