***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thinking of buying a vrx MY11?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Auszzie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Thinking of buying a vrx MY11?

Postby Auszzie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:22 am

Hey guys, im currently saving/hoping to buy a Brand New Lancer VRX (My11?)

Just wanting to know some pro's and cons about these vehicles? Specifically the VRX if possible.. Im going to check dealershipsd out on wednesday, but I just want to get general opinions from you guys first. Also i heard from some where that the cj lancers are sot of slow at the start? hows the performance side of things with the VRX's? and is the 2.4ltr's pretty decent?

roughly what price should i expect to pay for a brand new VRX in Sydney.

lastly is their any specific paint colour that hides any dirt better? im stuck between black or red as my colour choice.

Sorry for being a royal pain in the ass ! but im so excited to get this car haha. And im new to the mitsubushi family (this will be my first brand new car)

thank you guys, i'll be thankful for any help.

-Trent.

gordo37
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gordo37 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 am

i own a 2010 VRX and it is a nice car to drive, and yeah they are a bit slow to take off but i fibnd once i get over 3500rpm that is the when the 2.4 kicks in for me.

i Payed about 30k for mine, but they retailer for about that know and on road costs are extra, but around about 29-30k would be my guess

they ride nice, and for a 4 cyclinder i think they go well too

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 am

Do not get the black as they show every piece of dirt and dust. They are very hard to keep looking clean.

The VRX is a good car and the 2.4L is a good engine. With a little modding and tuning they are even better and still economical and very safe for the engine.

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am

Nothing wrong with the black lancers ;)

They do require cleaning weekly... But I enjoy the outdoor time of a weekend.

If you want colours that hide the dirt, white is the best colour, champagne and then blue would be my picks... red paint is known to fade the fastest (not just on mitsu's).

Good luck with the purchase!!
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

S&JDowling
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby S&JDowling » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 am

Go Black!!!!
Yes you neeed to wash it often but it worth it!!
Black MY11 VRX

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 am

Get silver, best looking colour in my opinion.

But if you like settling for second best, maybe red or champagne :P

Now where's that wall to hide behind *peep*

timu
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby timu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 am

I just bought a Red VRX (MY11) back in Feb. While I fell in love with the red model at the dealership, it will need some TLC to keep it looking clean and shiny compared to other colours. But being your first new car (as this was my first newy) your probably prepared to go the extra mile with it to keep it clean right ;)

I like the VRX, but if your going the Auto, you might find the CVT a little sluggish off the line as you said. Personally not a problem for me, but some might find it a bit of a drawback. No such problems that I heard for the Manual though if your that way inclined.

MJL1217
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MJL1217 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

Nick07 wrote:Get silver, best looking colour in my opinion.

Do it!

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Hey Trent,

There is a thread on here called "What don't you like about your lancers"
That may give you an idea of the cons of the Lancer from an obviously biased club haha.

I think for the VRX everyone can agree that it's a fantastic car, only some minor things:

Thin paint
VRX wing blocks rear vision (but the massive side mirrors make up for it)
Sluggish start
Indicator stick is fairly hard

As for the good:

RF sound system is really good
Auto lights is fantastic
Auto wipers is pretty good too but not fantastic
Key-less entry is awesome
Apart from the sluggish start it accelerates quite nicely
Boot space is quite big
MY11 has the colour console screen and coming home lights

Generally a very impressive car. I couldn't be happier with it. Comes nice as stock and even nicer with a few mods.

As for colour I chose red and sure it gets dirty but nothing a wash once a fortnight can't fix.

I paid about 28000 for it including mats, reverse camera and full tank of fuel (always check because they only give you half tank to drive out in). I don't know about Sydney but I wouldn't be paying more than about 28000.

And when you're going for the test drive, try and borrow the vehicle at least over night so you can get a feel of it on your own terms.

Nothing worse than a 10min test drive and the dealer sitting beside you telling you things you already know.

You need to get alone with it and feel it to see if it's the car for you.

Ali.

gordo37
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gordo37 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:54 am

yeah i own a white VRX 2010 model is i am very happy with it, i am so glad i bought this over a mazda 3, as i work at the car dealership i bought my car from i have driven other cars and i find that fo it's price the Lancer can't be beaten.

Pro: Seats are comfortable in the VRX, The Rockford Fosgate system kicks arse for a standard stereo, they have plenty of power, they have a great street stance. i could keep going on forever

Cons: the rear wing and get in the way when trying to see things behind you, indicators are hard to hear, especially when you have the stereo on, mmm i really can't think of anything else that is bad.

Trust me when you buy it you will know you made the right decision

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 pm

I only have the 2011 SX and would love the VRX myself but the price was out of the question for me.

The best colour is Lightning Blue. I saw a Ralliart in Lightning Blue the other day (a woman older than me was driving it lucky bugger) and the extra chrome in the nose and that looked pretty awesome against it. It hides the dirt pretty well. If you're torn between black and red then red hides the dirt better than black. I was torn between black and blue. I had a photo of each on my iphone (they had the two different colours sitting on the lot) and was flicking between them with a little voice in my head saying "black lancer, blue lancer, black lancer, blue lancer...." for hours until I decided on the blue. It's soooo pretty.

The sluggish start was something I was having trouble with as well in the 2 litre. It was annoying and I wasn't getting the jump at the lights that I usually love to have. After my 1500 service it was like they turned something off or on or something and now it's pretty damned good from a standing start. The traction control turned itself on yesterday at one set of lights that I noticed. Hmmmm I love my Lancer :)

Even the 2 litre lower models have excellent acceleration and guts. I can drive anywhere on cruise control and it just goes straight over hills that take the wind out of every other cars sails at whatever speed I have it set on. I'm sure the 2.4 litre version would be even better. I drive very long distances in the country and the Lancer is brilliant. Passing other cars is a breeze.

Basically what I'm saying here is that the SX is a pretty awesome car so the VRX has to be too. Or even better.

gordo37
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gordo37 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 am

SXLancerMum wrote:.

The traction control turned itself on yesterday at one set of lights that I noticed. Hmmmm I love my Lancer :)

yep it saves my tyres everytime, as my feet like to dump the clutch and pump the gas LOL 8)

also i have noticed that the stock Yoko Advan's have trouble gripping in the dry and are a nightmare during wet conditions

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah I usually chuck Toyos straight on everything we buy. Brilliant in the wet and dry. My daughter even asked when we were putting them on the Lancer the week I got it. My tyre guy loved that by the way. Thinks she's wonderful now.

I'm really not into these stock ones but can't afford to replace them. Just put new ones on my 19 yr olds VR Calais the week I got the Lancer. That cost enough. The Bubble will probably need them soon as well. Oh well if I can put up with hard as a rock and the crappiest tyres that I've ever driven on Goodyears for 5 years (no traction in the wet at all and it was downright dangerous but hubby wouldn't change them until my mechanics upped him because I travel so much) I can put up with these. They're not anywhere as bad as the Goodyears.

Auszzie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Auszzie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 am

Well Just to update you all..

i FINALLY ordered the car today.. Wow talk about taking my time.. Lol Went for a test drive, talked figures and yea..
was quoted for 36,749 or sumtin similar.. got him down to 33,000 drive away with tints, and floor mats. Will perhaps ask for a couple of other things on wednesday when i sort out the paper work.

it is a Red VRX 2011 model Sedan ofcourse.. should arrive in a couple weeks. Im so excited! been a long time comming !

kakar0t
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby kakar0t » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

Auszzie wrote:Well Just to update you all.. i FINALLY ordered the car today.. Wow talk about taking my time.. Lol Went for a test drive, talked figures and yea.. was quoted for 36,749 or sumtin similar.. got him down to 33,000 drive away with tints, and floor mats. Will perhaps ask for a couple of other things on wednesday when i sort out the paper work. it is a Red VRX 2011 model Sedan ofcourse.. should arrive in a couple weeks. Im so excited! been a long time comming !

Very nice man! Congratulations :)

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”