***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

kreative1
INACTIVE Member Account

Ralliart?

Postby kreative1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:36 pm

About to sell my modded Liberty GT, and my head is going to pop with options for next car. My sister just got a new Lancer ES with spoiler and rims and I'm impressed with the drive and all round quality for the $$$. I wanta keep it awd, and looking at the Ralliart, this time I'm not going all out on mods, Ralliart good in standard form? easy to live with, reliable? Also looking at suzuki kizashi sport or Skoda RS. Great forum too. Vik

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Viktor welcome to the club.

The RA is a great car. They are good as stock but of coarse they are better modded. It sounds like modding is in your blood. This site will not cure it only feed your addiction and make it worse.

RA fitted with a good exhaust and custom tunes at a good workshop like Created will transform the car.

Please go to see Nick at Preston motor Ralliart and tell him CCJ sent you and he will show you all about the RA and look after you.

Do you have any picture of your GT? I always like them.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 pm

i`m biased :)

love my ralliart, but its modded a bit, maybe $5000 worth, it was very nice off the shelf, suspension was a bit soft and sloppy, bout $1000 fixed that, now she tracks on rails:) (the other 4 odd grand, probably less was spent on go fast bits and rims)

internal ride comfort is excellent though, stock or tightened.
and very reliable, plenty of hard k`s but still not 1 squeek or rattle.

the suzi and skoda i`m not familiar with, buti`m sure others on here will be :)

enjoy the forum.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 am

Vik, in stock form the car is good for a Daily driver, but ordinary for performance driving (handling, power) If you get a good enough deal (Melbourne have cheaper ones than other cities) then you will need to spend 3 grand to toughen it up (tune, exhaust, sway bars) If you have liked your subie, then the wide body WRX's are quite good in these aspects, but look like a busted nutsack. Bang for buck I'd rather the subie, but if the Ralliart came in a full manual, I would trade mine in on one. Test drive both before choosing one.

kreative1
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby kreative1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 am

I'm sort off over the whole modding process, I've had my Subaru GT for 6 years modded, boost, zorst, pully kits and what not, next car I would love it to still be awd, with a little go as I enjoy country driving and car meets. Not into over rated Euro cars, had bad experiences with them, the Skoda RS is the only Euro that I like, but it's fwd. I've been in a Ralliart, I felt comfortabl, but couldn't test drive it as it was sold. I don't like driving manual. i've heard the Ralliart response good with a simple ecu reflash and intercooler re piping? Seen here in Melbourne up to 20000km's cars for low to mid 30k. Thank lads, Vik.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 am

Correct. If you can pick up a low k demo for early to mid 30's, and then add 3grand for a few necessities like tune and that is all you will need to do to it for the life of the car. Thats the main positive of a Ralliart.

demon88
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby demon88 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 pm

lancerRA wrote:i love my car in standard from it goes well and handles well just need some more stickey tyres it seems to get the tail out abit in corners

Or you need to learn to drive.

if you want to drive like a dickhead, do it off the street away from me and my family and other drivers :roll:
The demon within me.....

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 pm

demon88 wrote:
lancerRA wrote:i love my car in standard from it goes well and handles well just need some more stickey tyres it seems to get the tail out abit in corners

Or you need to learn to drive.

if you want to drive like a dickhead, do it off the street away from me and my family and other drivers :roll:

Glad he left the northern regions. There's enough d'heads driving like him around. Don't need one in a Ralliart giving the rest of us a bad name.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:19 pm

WTF?, where did all this animosity come from?

demon, u dont call another member a dickhead, not in this club.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Sigh.... Play nice children.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

I personally would highly recommend a ralliart I am very happy with mine. For a very modest expenditure you can have a car with performance that would cost you $70 to $100 k to better

Squeaks
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Squeaks » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

I had a 2007 Liberty GT Spec B - Un modded.. Firstly. The interior is no where near the standards of the Subaru nor is the overall finish of the car BUT the reason i changed car was due to a change in jobs a few months down the track where i get a car so i was after a fun week ender!

The handling in my opinion is better in the Ralliart and id say thats partly due to the more intuitive all wheel drive system and better suspension! I got a huge improvement just from upgrading to better wheels and tyre but as other members have pointed out you can do a lot more!
I also feel the brakes are better in the Ralliart...
The transmission is great; its responsive when you need it to be and easy to negotiate when your after an easy drive...Turbo lag is ok - its only really on take off where you notice it.

Visually i loved the aggressiveness - ive always enjoyed looking at the Evo X and the Ralliart offered parts of that aggression - The Evo was going to be my car in-fact i put money down on one but in the end i couldn't justify the money for a car that is barely used and the dealer kindly pointed it out(Ralliart) when i voiced my concerns!!

All in all i cant complain about the car - for the first three months i had the car i was doing 1100km+ a week and it was a good daily. Its a shame about the overall finish quality of the car especially in comparison to the Subaru however it makes up for in the performance it offers for the price. Also the service prices are much cheaper and less frequent!!!!

anyway thats my 2c i hope it helps!
(cj-white) RA Sedan

kreative1
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby kreative1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanx for the info lads, seems like a good reliable all round car in stock, just needs a little more herbs if I end up with 1, i'll just reflash the ecu and do a little intercooler piping upgrades through the place that does my GT as I don't want a track or noise machine. going for a test drive end of the month.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”