***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a new Lancer SX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

bought my from Nanawading, Mitsubishi 2010 SX Black with extra driveaway for $21999
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

alterego13
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby alterego13 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Lancerians ;)
I'm looking at buying one of these beauties this week...one thing I am not sure about is the color!!
I lovvve effect grey..but I've seen so many effect grey's with paint chips!! and they are so clear on that color...its a bit concerning. Is this something to do with the 'pearlescent' paint? yea..I've read the 'paint chip' threads on many forums.
Also what sort of extras should I try to include when price haggling? Mats, tinting, floor lights(is that what they're called?), side protection mouldings?, bonnet protector?, any others?? I dont really want to add anything to base price. Which of these would be cheaper to get as something 'aftermarket'??
sorry...too many questions..!!

Thanks for your help.
Looking for a Manual BTW.

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey RK,

I don't think any colour hides rock chips very well. Grey or silver would hide the best. Black would show the easiest.

Just go with whatever colour you love most. You'll get rock chips eventually and they won't bother you so much anymore.

When haggling try to get them to throw in floor mats and a full tank of fuel for free as a must. Everything else you can try and get them to either throw in for free or discount it.

You could try and get them to put in the LED floor illumination but the OEM ones are quite expensive (~$200)

Just look through the accessories book and see what you want/like. They can also put in aftermarket stuff. I got them to put in a reverse camera.

You also might want to introduce yourself in the new members section so more people can help you and chime in for advice!

Ali.

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

Ok. I just got back from test driving the Lancer SX (I suspect 2010 model) and it handles sooo good. Cabin noise from tyres weren't as bad as people make it out to be, but it was definitely something I was looking for.

NOW, as for prices.

I went to Lander Mitsubishi Blacktown (for those interested) and was told the base price for a Lancer SX 2010 (no bluetooth) was $24,550, but that included the features I asked for, which was window tinting, carbon fibre scuff plates, floor illumination, and mats. He said he could get that down to $23,000.

He then mentioned a black demo model for 2010 SX for $21500, including all features I asked for with 2500km on the clock.

Is this a reasonable price?

Also, he kept telling me the usual "I may only have it at that price this weekend". I understand that particular demo car may not be there next week, but I've only been to 1 dealer and I believe that is a decent price in itself. Or maybe settle for the price of the brand new one, and try go lower from there...

EDIT: Question when haggling: do you haggle from the base price, THEN add the features? or get the price of the total, THEN haggle?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Haggle for the drive away price. Are you after a manual or auto?

My suggestion is get the car you want. Dont rush in to it. I told my dealer exactly what i wanted and told him to get it for me. I dont care how long it takes.

You probably drove a MY11 too. MY12 will be out next month. I doubt there are any MY10 models left.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Don't buy an MY10 unless you can get it for cheap. The moment you drive out of the dealer, regardless of how the car has been treated, the depreciation would be higher than an MY11.

I would probably ask for the total with features and then haggle from there. For my own car, I haggled about $750 off the price, but I wasn't too worried about the cost back then.

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:39 pm

aspir3 wrote:Haggle for the drive away price. Are you after a manual or auto? My suggestion is get the car you want. Dont rush in to it. I told my dealer exactly what i wanted and told him to get it for me. I dont care how long it takes. You probably drove a MY11 too. MY12 will be out next month. I doubt there are any MY10 models left.

I'm after a auto, and yeah I guess I should take my time with this, regardless of how much he says its only a temporary price. Must not give in!

I also told him exactly what I wanted and those are the prices he gave me. Unless the MY12 has any favourable features, then I suppose I should settle for a MY11. Is 2500km for a demo model a reasonable number? He did mention that was a 2010 as it was 1 of 2 my10 models he could find on his computer.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Come to think about it I dont think SX came out in MY10. They started from MY11.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 pm

aspir3 wrote:Come to think about it I dont think SX came out in MY10. They started from MY11.

I thought so too. They introduced the SX as the Activ sold well.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:45 pm

aspir3 wrote:Come to think about it I dont think SX came out in MY10. They started from MY11.

K I'm a bit confused then. Started from MY11, but they introduced them in 2010? But the models that came out AFTER November 2010 come with bluetooth standard.. correct?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Every year in September/October Mitsubishi come out with new models and then they go for a year.

So approximately:
MY08..Sep07-Sep08
MY09..Sept08-Sep09
MY10...Sep09-Sep10
MY11...Sep10-Sep11
MY12...Sep11-Sep12

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:58 pm

try other mitsi dealers. when i got my car i went to one dealer and told them what i wanted, with a few extra stuff, they got the price for me, then i rang up about 3 or 4 other dealers asking them for the same stuff and then put in well at this dealership i can get it for $???. so then they will bring their price down cos they want the sale.

for the extra stuff u want, research it on here. some of the member here have done their own floor illumination, which probably works out much cheaper then getting it done through the dealer.
the tinting u can probably get done cheaper, some or the guys on here might be able to recomend a good tinter. and im pretty sure some of the guys on here have picked up some scuff plates off ebay.

make sure you do loads of research before u buy the car. the whole 'it is only this price for this wkend' hes just trying to put pressure on u.
if only what i know now, i knew when i bought my car...
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:02 pm

I personally do not like where Mitsubishi fit the floor illumination. They put it on the kick panels and it shines in to your eyes when you open the door.

I fitted mine under the dash where it cant be seen and it lights up the foot wells better IMHO. All can be done pretty cheap too. Parts cost me about $15.

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:11 pm

shamoo wrote: for the extra stuff u want, research it on here. some of the member here have done their own floor illumination, which probably works out much cheaper then getting it done through the dealer. .

Yeah I have been looking here for quite a while, and have considered, but I am after OEM ones and not sure if Ofey would send them to Sydney, or if he'll just recommend me Ebay if they're too much to post.. to which I have no account for. I also would have to consider Concord Customs for them to install it as I have no idea how to. :( So would have to add prices for that too...

As for window tinting.. you're right in saying I can get it done cheaper elsewhere I guess so I can factor that out of the price. Scuff plates: same as above, no ebay account and don't really trust it unless its from a certified reseller, ... or maybe I can get someone else to get it for me -- they're easy to install, right? Just pop them in?

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm

sleepy wrote:Hi guys, Ok. I just got back from test driving the Lancer SX (I suspect 2010 model) and it handles sooo good. Cabin noise from tyres werent as bad as people make it out to be, but it was definitely something I was looking for.

mitsu fixed the cabin noise in 2009-2010?, trust me the road noise in the MY08 cars is biblical compared to the MY11

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”