***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a new Lancer SX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon May 02, 2011 5:09 pm

The CVT is usually $2000 more than the manual. My manual was $21400 which was the 2011 for the price of the 2010 runout in metallic. Sounds good to me :)

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Mon May 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Pascher wrote:
BlackBetty wrote:Just being nosy here mate, but what Dealership did you buy from ?

I got it from the Elizabeth one, as it was nearby work. How come you ask? Which one did you get yours from?

Same Dealer But at Nailsworth, lol
Mr H.......So Cool

Pascher
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pascher » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am

BlackBetty wrote:
Pascher wrote:
BlackBetty wrote:Just being nosy here mate, but what Dealership did you buy from ?

I got it from the Elizabeth one, as it was nearby work. How come you ask? Which one did you get yours from?

Same Dealer But at Nailsworth, lol

Ah k, yeah both Agostino, but yours does Ralliart too. I was planning on getting my car from that one, but ended up purchasing the car during my lunch break at Elizabeth one day....expensive lunch break :P I checked out north east road Mitsubishi too, but when I went they weren't very helpful or interested lol.

Masked
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Masked » Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Hello again guys,

Just picked up my beautiful black SX Lancer, and my god she's hot. I still can't believe she belongs to me!

After all my questions about modding it/adding to it, I...well...kinda left it as is. Apart from adding fog lamps and tinted windows, I thought she looked gorgeous just as she was, a sleek silhouette that deftly glides over the road like an assassin's knife.

Some observations:

It really makes driving fun again. When you drive a Lancer, it's not just about getting from A to B. It's an experience unto itself.

There is some engine noise, yes, but it's not much more than what you would hear from a Corolla, IMO. Same goes for the road noise.

Two questions:

The fuel gauge currently reads 9.7l/100km. This dropped from 10.1/100km after I had put 80 or so kilometres on it. Will it drop further?

The Lancer I initially test drove had fantastic brakes - they practically brought the car to a dead halt with the merest touch. My breaks are abit more limp, so that you have to push the brake pedal right down in order to come to a stop. Should I tell the tech guys to have a look at this during its first service?

Thanks alot for your help guys - I really appreciate it. You have a great community here.

emmet-93
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby emmet-93 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Its great to know Masked! the lancer is a beautiful car and you will fall more and more in love with it every time you drive it! (you get use to the road noise and you will become proud of the engine noise :P)

As for the brakes, I don't know much about them as it is but what I can give you is my own experience. When I first got my vrx (new) I realised how good the brakes were, that when i touched it the slightest the whole car would start to slow down dramatic- which i loved. It is still good now (5 months later) but not as good as it was, I assume this has something to do with the brake pads. If I was you I would definetly tell them while having your first service, but seeming most of the people at the service counters will come up with excuses, insist on them checking your brakes!

P.S you should continue coming down from 9.7L/100km (depending on whether you are driving in the city etc), it does not really matter about how far you're driving, but if you were to get on the highway and drive sensibly then it should come down to around 7L/100km after around 30 km.

hope this helps!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 am

Don't rely on the fuel consumption number, its quite inaccurate. Its also slow to change, but you can reset it by holding the menu button. If you reset it while in motion on a highway you'll get a much lower number.
I'm not sure what the furthest anybody has managed on one tank but you should get 550-650km normally. Less if you're having fun.

And the brakes, mine aren't overly responsive but they also aren't soggy at all. If you can still emergency stop, isn't it better to have a softer pedal? Its more comfortable and easier to control the force.
However, if you have to push it a very long way then yes, tell them about it.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Zak, great to hear you love your new Lancer. Hot hey? Wait to it is summer the black will sizzle :razz:

The fuel economy will continue to get better as the car runs itself in. The motor and running gear will loosen up and the ECU is still in run in mode. Just keep driving your car normally though.

The brakes should definitely get checked. I would not wait to first service. Your brake pedal should be hard.

When you get a minute and stop driving your car can you take some pictures and show us?

Love that car!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:38 pm

The fuel economy on mine was low 7s most of the time when I got it. Came home from Lithgow today and it was 5.8 across the Blue Mountains along the M4 at 110 and through Sydney. It was 6.8 for the same trip a month ago. It went up to 6.9/7 by the time I travelled up the F3 at and above the speed limit and up the Bucketts Way. It was 7.8 a month ago. Your economy will get lots better.

Oh and I'd take the car back to get the brakes fixed now. Mine are really good.

I really love the driving experience with my beautiful baby. Makes me very happy when I drive it :)

UBJ000
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby UBJ000 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Hiya as the add says love that car,very impressed with fuel economy this week,taken my VRX 2.4 CVT for its first country drive & got 650k out of tank certainly dont get that in city hopefully will get better as car runs in!!!enjoy driving ur new car

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 pm

I got better fuel economy going across the Blue Mountains in roadwork and through Sydney than I did on the highway. Go figure :)

Masked
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Masked » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey guys,

I've read about how some members are smelling fuel in their cabin while driving, and I think I've got the same problem. It's faint and definitely not overpowering, but I still don't think it should be there. As the first service is due very soon, I'm going to bring it up with the grease monkeys in order to get it looked at.

Otherwise, this car is awesome. Because it is black, sleek and looks excessively deadly, I've taken to calling it "the Batmobile." Lol.

Dais
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dais » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 am

I just bought a blue SX sedan, with boot liner, blue-tooth, and floor mats for 19,000. It gets delievered on Monday. I'm quite excited! :)

JxD
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JxD » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Dais wrote:I just bought a blue SX sedan, with boot liner, blue-tooth, and floor mats for 19,000. It gets delievered on Monday. I'm quite excited! :)

Was this a 2010 or 2011 plate?
Does that price include a trade?

I'm looking at putting a deposit on a 2011 Manual Sedan this weekend and wanting to know how far I can push them!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm

The bluetooth comes standard on the 2011 plated models but not the 2010. If it's factory fitted it would be 2011. If it's the one on the windscreen it's 2010.

Masked
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Masked » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey guys, a quick update.

Took my baby in for its first service, and was helped out with a number of issues.

I was told the fuel smell could be alleviated simply be screwing the petrol cap on more tightly. A simple solution, but it worked! Doh! No more fuel smell!

The guys bled the brakes, and now they feel alot better.

Other things that I've noticed:

The engine note isn't as loud as it used to be, and the steering seems to have loosened up abit. In fact, the entire car seems to have loosened up, if that makes sense, and is becoming more worn in. It's great.

When I get off my lazy ass, I'll post a photo or two. Thanks again for all the advice.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”