***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a new Lancer SX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Ray,

Auctions are ne where as bad as they used to be. You can put bids in before the auction starts, and sometimes have the car before the auction proceeds.

But yeah the warranty is generally not as good as from a dealer. And white is a sensible colour if you are going to add mods that will need painting.

But either way good luck and i hope some of the info is helping

Advv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Advv » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 pm

The info definitely is helping! THanks Ian.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... D202785AC1

Just wondering what you think of the "custom" bodykit on this lancer? Should I avoid aftermarket "custom" bodykits in case they're made of cheap, crappy fibreglass or ?

Cheers

Advv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Advv » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Just found a good deal! Will be having a look tomorrow arvo. Hopefully I'll be a proud owner of a lancer SX by tomorrow night! It's my birthday on Sunday too so this will be my ultimate birthday present haha.

Advv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Advv » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 am

Btw, anyone know the difference between the lancer RX and SX?

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 am

Advv
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Advv » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks Glen!

Just put down a deposit for a 2009 Lancer RX.

Should be picking up next week. Thanks for all the help guys!

Scottvt86
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Scottvt86 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I have a question about the lancer SX. Does anyone know whether the $20,990 price is standard or is it a sale price? If it's sale how long will it be on sale for does anyone know?

Cheers

Scott. :)

Who's that SEXY person lol

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi Scott

The $20,990 is supposed to be the runout price for the 2010 SX Lancer in white only. Add about $450 or something for a colour.

Some of us here, me included, have been lucky enough to get our 2011 plated cars (which have a few more things as standard like bluetooth factory fitted with controls on the steering wheel) for the 2010 runout price. See if you can get one for that.

The promotion itself has been going since February. That's when I first saw the ad on the Mitsubishi website.

Scottvt86
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Scottvt86 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Ok thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting the SX in the next month or so, just hoping the sale price doesn't end before then

Who's that SEXY person lol

dejayhan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby dejayhan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:37 pm

I got mine for 21,000 with Metalic Grey Paint, Rear Spoiler, Weather Protectors. That was about 6months ago though
Lancers are gay...

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 pm

I think they are so keen to get them out the door they will throw in metallic paint, floor mats, etc for the price. try to see if you can squeeze out anything more like a discount on paint/fabric/tinting, thats what i did and got the lot for $21k

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 pm

From this point on, you will find alot of dealerships hold back on prices. There are now delays for new stock coming out of MM Japan. So only whatever on this island of ours will be what's available. The longer any potential new buyers wait, the higher your premium might be.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Pascher
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pascher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:04 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:Hi Scott

The $20,990 is supposed to be the runout price for the 2010 SX Lancer in white only. Add about $450 or something for a colour.

Some of us here, me included, have been lucky enough to get our 2011 plated cars (which have a few more things as standard like bluetooth factory fitted with controls on the steering wheel) for the 2010 runout price. See if you can get one for that.

The promotion itself has been going since February. That's when I first saw the ad on the Mitsubishi website.

Yup! $20,990 is the current runout price for the 2010 (manufactured) but MY11 (2011 model year) SX Lancer. If you go to a dealer and ask for a price list, you will see the price is around the $25,500 mark as a driveaway price (before the sale). I am assuming this "sale" is on until they clear the 2010 manufactured SX stock and Japan start shipping 2011 manufacture models, which according to the dealer isn't any sooner than April/May this year. I was also told that the ES will become a fleet car, while the SX will be targeted as the new general consumer car because of it spoiler, alloys etc.

I recently purchased an SX in Feb, which had factory bluetooth already installed. This is what SXLancerMum was talking about. Once I had decided on colour and type, which for me was Sedan and Black, then my dealer did a search for availability on this criteria. They printed out a list and showed me what's available and when it was available. Most of the models were without the bluetooth pre-installed, however there were a few that had it. I opted for the bluetooth one because it was something included for no extra cost and luckily enough it was available for delivery within the week! I highly recommended trying to get one with factory installed bluetooth, because in my opinion it is brilliant! But make sure the dealer doesn't make you pay more for it and don't consider it as something they throw in for free, because they don't as it's already there! Get other freebies :wink:

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Just being nosy here mate, but what Dealership did you buy from ?
Mr H.......So Cool

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”