***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a new Lancer SX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 pm

sleepy wrote:[quote:cc82762207=aspir3]Come to think about it I dont think SX came out in MY10. They started from MY11.[/quote:cc82762207] K Im a bit confused then. Started from MY11, but they introduced them in 2010? But the models that came out AFTER November 2010 come with bluetooth standard.. correct?

Correct. Anything that is plated 2011 should have factory installed bluetooth. Anything left now should have bluetooth. I got mine in February and it came standard with bluetooth. The ads for the runout deals say that they are supposed to come with bluetooth standard.

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Well thanks all!

Finalised most of the paperwork today for a brand new MY11 Black Lancer SX (auto) for $22,950 including floor illumination, steel scuff plates, tints and mats thrown in. All thats left are the paperwork required for finance.

Very happy with it all. Should be here within a week!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 am

Sounds great Adrian :)

The "Love that Car" may sound corny but you will love that car :) I do.

Get them to put the plastic contact looking guards on the back doors and back guard between the door and the wheel arch if you can. That's the spot where there is the most stone chips and it will save your paintwork :) My service manager went spare when he saw that they'd sent a car out to a country town without them :) He soon put some on (after touching up the stone chips that were already there)

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 am

Those will be my parting words when I come in to the dealer to pick the car up. :D

Edit: and do you mean the transparent weather protectors? Owning a black car, the Stone chips will be more obvious.. :( But oh well!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 am

I don't know what they are exactly. They're transparent and are like contact. They are on the bottom of the back doors and the panel between the door and the wheel.

I'll see if I can get a pic uploaded into my gallery thing later. The car is filthy at the moment. Rain and mud and the country driving I do doesn't make for a spotless car.

When I took mine for the first service I said to the service guys "don't hit me but Love that Car" :D

You may find yourself unconsciously polishing the Diamond badge too. I know I do hehehehe

I haven't driven mine for a couple of weeks because I've been away and when I come home Sunday I went over to her and started talking to her. We went for a nice 160km drive yesterday. Music right up and bopping away and singing very loudly. I love driving her. And the USB in the glovebox is wonderful. You can either stick a thumb drive with all your music in there or your ipod or other mp3. The wonders of modern technology :) And it's still cheaper than a Mazda 3 Neo and it's got more stuff.

When I bought her I asked the dealer if the Mazdas go Zoom Zoom what do the Lancers do. He said that they don't do anything because you can't hear them. He's right. You can't hear the engine. Unfortunately there is some road noise on some surfaces but that's the fault of tyres and road builders not Mitsubishi :)

That's the only thing I want to change. The damn tyres. They're not great in the wet. Don't try to give it to it in the wet. You'll find yourself where you definitely don't want to be.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Check out my Garage pickies Adrian. I just uploaded a pic of the guards. You can see that they definitely are in the right spot. It's the dirtiest spot on my whole car :) She's getting a wash tomorrow.

sleepy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby sleepy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks Jacqueline for the pic, but WOW are they stone chips or is that actually some dirt/residue that you can clean off?! That looks terrible! lol

And yeah, I plan to buy a USB flash drive just to stick in there as I don't want to leave my iPod plugged and left in the glove box.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 pm

The Lancer is still the best value small car available, over a year on since I bought mine. If I had to purchase a car now, I'd still consider the Lancer SX.

I'm trying to save up for a larger car, but who knows, maybe I'll snap up another CJ later on to replace the aging Camry.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

That is actually a hell of a lot of dirt Adrian. She's filthy. I live in the country and it's been raining heaps. Actually my town was one of the ones slightly flooded recently. There were a couple of stone chips under the contact stuff but the dealer touched them up before they put the stuff on. Can't see them at all. No mollycoddling of my poor baby :) She gets washed every couple of weeks usually. I must admit I've been away and she hasn't had a bath for a while.

My daughter and I might take her down to the car wash tomorrow. I'm going to work out how to use the soap brush to put the soap on but use my own microfibre sponge thing to do the actual cleaning.

I had my iPod Nano in the USB but I've bought a thumb drive. It works great :)

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm

most of the self service i've en-counted, the foam is literally spat out of a hole in the brush, and if you hold the brush a couple cm above the car it will coat that section with foam that can be spread using you microfibre sponge.

i'm not 100% sure if this method would work but its worth a go.

I might try this next week after my home wash didn't go to plan, forget that the garden was switched back to channel water(very dirty) and it left little spots of dirt in the areas that i missed with the chamois.

As for stone chips, i'm surprised no noticeable chips appeared after doing 600km over roads were fixing a pothole entails, throwing a shovel load of tar out of the back of a ute, followed by an entire quarries worth of gravel. There a pothole every 50-60m due to all the trucks that use the road i live on.
touch wood

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Dave.

My daughter and husband go to the car wash but I usually prefer to wash mine at home. Since the girls dug the driveway up trying to get one of their bogged car out (and mine was stuck in the carport for a week because I couldn't get it out without bogging) I haven't been able to do mine at home. I did wash it quickly on the road when I did get it out because it was covered in chunks of mud from the girls but I was lucky that the Council ranger didn't see me. He's rather against washing cars in the street.

The rain has hardly stopped since and the driveway is just a gnats whatsit away from becoming a quagmire again. It's only that I know how to angle my car and get it onto the misplaced concrete that I can get out without any trouble. I'm not leaving it out on the street though. Last month the car a couple of doors down had it's tail lights spray painted white and a couple of weeks ago my Bubble had the passenger side mirror painted white. It's black plastic and the car is maroon. Sort of stood out.

I had to take my father in laws Peugeot through about 10 kms of pothole fixing the other day. Fun. Glad I didn't have the Lancer with me :) On Monday I just had 30kms of potholes in the Lancer :( Some are big enough to eat my 121 Bubble. One, that they finally filled thankfully, was big enough to eat Hubbies Craptiva. And it went most of the way across the road. You couldn't miss it if you wanted to. Damn Taree Council :( Their roads are the worst I've ever been across and I've been a lot of places.

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 am

New CJ SX MY11 come with leather seat, blue tooth and other extra.... $24k O_O So nice
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”