***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help me decide, vrx or aspire?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

MyVRX08
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MyVRX08 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 pm

If $1500 is the diff go for Aspire... but just make sure about this. I can't believe its only $1500 and ur getting mmcs with it?? suprise but if its true go for aspire.

Cheers!!!

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Troy & Sam you have convinced me, Aspire it is :)

Playing the dealers off against each other to get it for <31K drive away, hopefully with a boot liner, mats, full tank and if I am cheeky enough to pull it off some nice plates...

With the Qld rain at the moment my guess is that sales would be a bit slow so fingers crossed.

Oh, does it need tinting and is this best done at the dealership?

Thanks!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:48 pm

You only need to tint the windows at the front to match the rear privacy glass. This is only for looks as all Lancers have UV cut glass.

I was talking to a Mitsubishi head office worker last week and he was calling the flood a car stimulus package. They expect a lot of sales from the floods.

Best of luck.

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm

I bought my aspire today, pick it up in 9 days :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm abit unaware in geography of Brisbane perhaps you're in the highlands. But it's flooding and you've opted to buy a car now? I know the peak hits tomorrow but surely the mood there should be a real downer on buying a car?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 pm

That is great news Lin.

Now waiting 9 days is going to really suck.

Do you have any details on your deal?
colour
extras
price

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 pm

It's effect grey, got it for $30,000 drive away for a MY11 2010 model.

I got a few extras, only floor mats and a tank of fuel thrown in, paid for front window tint, locknuts, bonnet protector and a boot liner.

Was quoted ridiculous prices for rear air dam, alloy fuel cover and front floor lighting so I think I'll get them later.

Would love to chrome the front of my bumper like yours, it looks awesome :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 pm

I read in another thread you got reverse sensors. If you did make sure they fit them in the higher section of the bumper and not the lower one which is angled to the ground as they sense the ground often.

bernardo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bernardo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 am

Better insure your car before it start raining again.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am

Hi Lins, As for "Reverse Parking Sensors"

The Factory Reverse Sensors are supplied by "Lumen" in Victoria http://www.lumen.com.au/.

The factory ones are "OK" at best, however the position that the Mitsu Dealer fits them in, is what causes a problem.
It's not really the Dealers fault since they are fitting the sensors in accordance with the detailed Fitting Instructions supplied as per Lumen's advice.

The Sensor mounted position is simply to low to the ground surface.
This causes miss reads and constant detection on even the slightest of inclined and/or uneven surface.

Many members on here have reported these findings and frustrations.

The obvious option is to have the dealer fit them in a higher position when they drill and mount them the first time upon installation.
This request to reposition the sensors higher may cause conflict with the dealer, since he will maintain they must fit them in accordance with the fitting instructions in order to provide proper function and honour the 5yrs warranty.

Alternatively ( if they have already been mounted too low) you may fit angled rings on the sensors which will aim them higher away from the ground surface.
Not Recommended: since the Angle and Range of Detection will no longer be accurate and hence provide incorrect audible warnings.

Overall however. they are basic and not a high quality product.
Many members on this forum have reported irregular faults and miss alarming.

If you really want a Top Quality Product, then you will hard pressed finding something better than these "Smart Park" PDC120 PI.
Read this Link =http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=4822

Regards: Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

marshy1987
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby marshy1987 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:22 am

i got the reverse sensors on my VRX and they are annoying they always mis judge the distance when on a slight incline, seriously it is easier to reverse park with out them!

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for that Sam, just read your comprehensive review. I'm going to contact the dealer and see if I can ditch the sensors and get the ones you recommend. Failing that, I'll request an install up higher next to the number plates - can I send your pic to show them? Will black out the number plates :D

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Yes Lins, send a photo.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am

I have the OEM ones bought through Mitsubishi and they are great for judging distances when parking, especially when used with the reverse camera.

It is only when I reverse down my driveway and slopes. When my rear wheels enter the kerb they beep as they sense the road. I have a habit now and ignore them. Which is dangerous as if there is a car there I will hit it, but a car is easy to see..

I reverse my car into the garage and the sensors are great. The tones of the beep tell me how far away I am from the wall. I park it exactly the distance I require. Some times I put it 500mm from the wall so I can walk around it and load the boot or put it it 100mm away. I do this with confident.

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks Sam :)

Ofey, I'm southside quite safely away from the river and flood risk, as is my dealer. Their head office ain't so lucky and are flooded and closed atm.

Even if my car was ready now they cant release them unless customers sign a wavier that they are driving away uninsured as new policies cant commence for a few more days yet. It is full on!

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”