***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancer SX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Lancer SX

Postby CA » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Just picked up one for my mum.

Blue
MY11
Sedan

Difference between ES and SX is that
SX has 16" Alloys, Leather Steering Wheel with Volume Control and Cruise Control, Rear Spoiler. Just a little more than ES in price.

Had it tinted straight away with Ceramic tint. Wish my X MR could have that :(

Apparently ALL Lancers now come with 7 Airbags too. The SX did.

Also I noticed that when you unlock the doors the park light and taillights light up for 30 seconds. My X MR doesnt do this :(

Oh and it comes with remote boot release.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Alloys are the most important thing in a car. They look a lot better than the hub/steelie combination. They also ride nicer due to less vibration (I actually noticed this in our old Magna that got changed to alloys using the exact same tyres), and being lighter, they stress your suspension less and could result to better performance and/or economy.

Congratulations on your purchase!
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 am

Thing is, she originally wanted a Yaris, but it was so expensive. Mazda 2, top model is $26k??? WTF??

Anyways, i think Mits are going in the right direction, the cars are getting better.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:17 am

The lancers are no doubt are a great package and value for money and have a great warranty. how long the drivetrain will last, amongst general reliability,time will tell. Im having some trouble with one of the rear windows inexplicably winding down on its own,other than that no probs at all.

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 am

I sat in a subaru impreza rs and loved the plastic dash.. felt like a kinder suprise.. thought if i tap hard enough there might be a toy inside.

Value for sure you get so much more. Thing is, some toyotas are not even made in Japan anymore. I mean i love Toyota sports cars, still own one. But pretty sure these suckers are still made in the land of Jap :)

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:53 pm

It's the great looks, interior space and value that won me over. I think Mitsu have finally designed a winner. It's now up to par with its rivals when before it was always beaten by the leaders like Corolla and Civic.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

CA
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CA » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:26 am

Hey you got the champagne colour? I actually like that colour. But they are quite rare.

Yeah, but I mean Corollas, buy it and you can drive it 10 years no probs. Service here and there and it will keep running. Its just expensive compared to what others are offering.

I've been a customer of Mits since 2005 so we will see, if they keep making Evos they can keep me :)

But i tell you, there are some good things happening. I might throw my Mits towell in for an FT-86, the new GT-4 or if the challenger or camaro ever came as a local car.. gosh im such a traitor.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am

Theres a camaro dealer here in melbourne...cheapest they go for is around $100k! Now why would you get a camaro for that money when you can get an evo plus have plenty of money leftover for some mods! :P hahaha

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am

I had a 08 corolla prior to the lancer i have now. The corolla was so smooth and quiet, no need to dynomat that car lol. However i fell in love with the lancers looks and great warranty. Corolla has a outdated auto compared with the cvt of the lancer. To get auto lights and climate control, you had to buy the top of the range corolla which was well over $30k brand new. For that price you can own a VRX.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”