***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Running in / First 1500km

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:08 am

Snipey47a wrote:Hi,

Some of the advise on here is good like not labouring the engine or sitting at a constant speed for too long but you shouldn't be afraid of going over 3,000rpm. All components of the engine need to wear in and the MIVEC system doesn't change the cam timing until after 3,600rpm so going over this rpm now and then is a good thing. Besides, the ECU is in green mode for the first couple thousand km where a different fuel/air mixture is used to protect a new engine. You will notice after your ECU is out of green mode your engine will have more power and your fuel economy will be better.

I hope this helps!

Exactly what I was after cheers!!!

have done 77kms so far and havent had to go over 3k
Fuel economy is sitting around 9/100

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:08 am

Some of the advise on here is good like not labouring the engine or sitting at a constant speed for too long but you shouldn't be afraid of going over 3,000rpm. All components of the engine need to wear in and the MIVEC system doesn't change the cam timing until after 3,600rpm so going over this rpm now and then is a good thing. Besides, the ECU is in green mode for the first couple thousand km where a different fuel/air mixture is used to protect a new engine. You will notice after your ECU is out of green mode your engine will have more power and your fuel economy will be better.

I hope this helps!

Exactly what I was after cheers!!!

have done 77kms so far and havent had to go over 3k
Fuel economy is sitting around 9/100

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:16 pm

I hope this helps!

MIVEC isnt like hondas Vtec,

there is no MIVEC kicked in Yo

Mivec is all ways working. from when you start the engine.
there is no kick in point.

it helps along side with the fuel/air amounts, to prevent knocking and laboring, wile the engine is running.

Clone
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Clone » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Snipey47a wrote:Besides, the ECU is in green mode for the first couple thousand km where a different fuel/air mixture is used to protect a new engine. You will notice after your ECU is out of green mode your engine will have more power and your fuel economy will be better.

@Snipey47a, How would I know when my ECU is out of green mode?

kris vrx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby kris vrx » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:03 pm

when i pick mine up next week i got to drive it from brisvegas to mt isa, about 2000km should be run in by the time i get here.lol

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”