***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Good price for a hail-damaged Ralliart?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Good price for a hail-damaged Ralliart?

Postby squala » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:02 am

What should be the driveaway cost for one with let's say a few small dings on the roof and bonnet? It would also help if anyone can give me the price for a 2010 build, undamaged Ralliart.

A 45K Prius that has undergone the rain of ice is currently being sold at 30K driveaway.

Cheers
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 am

Well PMR has just sold Juan_Magick a 2010 RA with Leather, RF, MMCS, iPod Cable for A$46K drive away.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:45 am

Here's the quote I had from Chadstone:

Jan 2010 build white RA sedan, several small dings on roof and then some on bonnet and boot, no extras - 38K driveaway :?
Trade-in price for 2009 Platinum CVT - 17K :evil:

Redbook shows the car's trade-in value should be 19-21K. I thought they should valuate my car better than that given I'm upgrading to the same brand. And I'm expecting around 34-35K driveaway for a car of such condition.

Any opinions?

And ofey, I PM'd PMR and hope to get something better from him. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just Bluetooth.

Thanks

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 am

lol man , i got offered $25k for my 2009 aspire so i guess the trade-in market isn't the way to go if your looking to buy a new car
Lancer Evolution 10MR

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 am

The only dollar value that matters when trading a car is the changeover figure. Work out what it will cost you to change to the new car and use that to compare different dealers.

Can you find a MY09 Model? They will be cheaper. There is more incentive for them to move it on at a cheaper price.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 pm

That's the only one they had that time. I'm shopping around dealerships and see which one would come up with the best offer. I think it's best to bring a printout of the Redbook page so the others won't attempt to stooge the value of my car.

Thanks
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

That is true... but when I trade I car I never ask what trade in I am getting.

I just want to know how much I have to pay on top of my trade... it makes things so less confusing.

Salespeople will try and confuse you with figures... thats when you pull them up and say I want to know the changeover.

That way you go to the next dealer and can compare simply without much thought :)

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

you will find a second hand lancer is not worth that much... the way a dealer is gona look at it is if some 1 can get into an active pack for under 22 k y would he give more then 17k for a second hand 1 by time he puts his mark up on it and what not its on the yard for 21k.....
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Agree with Spareparts. The Lancer was built to last a long time - not to keep for 2 years and then trade in for near new price. These cars will go for a long time, so that is how you get your true money's worth. I feel sorry for the people who bought a VRX up to 6 months before the Ralliart came out. I nearly did. With some of the prices from dealers on carsales I think 25k for an aspire is a decent deal. The more you can get depends on what car you are trading up to.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Exactly right.

The dealer will look at what the new car costs, what they need to make and then determine the trade in. The don't really use the redbook that much and there is nothing to say that they need to follow it.

Also no offence, but the sand beige would probably attract a lower trade. White cars always trade better as they are easier to sell off the used car lot. The blue and red are probably next as they are extremely popular.

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 am

thank you Superintendent Chalmers i cry every time i think about how i could of had a ralliart if i knew they where coming..im going back to my room to cry now
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 am

Thats OK mate, I test drove a VRX and thought - yeah, but i really want turbo...... And when the Lotus dealer was a d*ck down in Brissy, I went past a mitsu dealership with a Ralliart out the front and....... :)

So I didn't know that they existed either.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

It's quite ironic you pay $400 or so for metallic paint but would tend to resell or trade in for less. I always thought white is the cheapest colour because when it gets scratched, the damage is more easily seen. I know there is a special kind of white for which some dealers charge extra, but oh well.

The redbook trade in prices are normally 2-3K less than a private sale. It's understandable to lose a few grand to convenience, without the hassle of having to look for a buyer when selling privately, but what I was most unhappy about is the driveaway price of the damaged car. Since they are repairable write-offs, the dealers would have been compensated already, so I expected around 34-35K.

I will do further research to see if what I'm doing is good for the future.

Cheers
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Becareful also, there could be water damage hiding. Not always, but it happens. Those are the ones you steer clear of, especially in this day and age where there are multiple computers in the cars

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

I doubt it was a repairable write off... if there are just a few dents here and there then they are selling it off to avoid the insurance excesses.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”