***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart v EVO

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Ralliart v EVO

Postby CJVR08 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:02 pm

so I'm hoping the ones in the know can give me the"real world" answers.

So I know there's a huge price difference between the two but Is the power difference that much? Is the torque different? Is the car really that much different to drive?

I'm very curious and looking at purchasing in the future ralliart from 08 onwards.

Can someone who owns both give me more personal experience and first hand experience on owning and driving both cars??

I guess what else matters is costs to service or fix parts?

Thank you

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Ralliart v EVO

Postby adamhumphrey » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:41 pm

MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Good video especially the turning circle.
I owned a Ralliart before my Evo.The RA was a excellent car,went well handling was excellent unfortunately the brakes weren’t up to the job but an all round fun car.The Evo is next level. Everything about these cars is a vast improvement over the RA. They are a totally different car.Mine is an MR so it has the SST like the RA. I’ve driven an X with a manual and to be honest the I found the SST to be the better of the two transmissions. Service costs are about the same every 7500k for either car.
Power wise the difference is quite noticeable.Fuel economy is about the same - good on the highway and dismal around town unless you have a very light foot.
Brakes are chalk and cheese pretty much a set of VRX brakes on the RA and Brembo Calipers with nice big front rotors on the X
My X is still pretty much stock It performs well enough and is trouble free. I think the only major change I made was getting rid of the dusty OEM pads and fitted some ceramic EBC pads.
Hope this is of some assistance
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby CJVR08 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:40 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:Good video especially the turning circle.
I owned a Ralliart before my Evo.The RA was a excellent car,went well handling was excellent unfortunately the brakes weren’t up to the job but an all round fun car.The Evo is next level. Everything about these cars is a vast improvement over the RA. They are a totally different car.Mine is an MR so it has the SST like the RA. I’ve driven an X with a manual and to be honest the I found the SST to be the better of the two transmissions. Service costs are about the same every 7500k for either car.
Power wise the difference is quite noticeable.Fuel economy is about the same - good on the highway and dismal around town unless you have a very light foot.
Brakes are chalk and cheese pretty much a set of VRX brakes on the RA and Brembo Calipers with nice big front rotors on the X
My X is still pretty much stock It performs well enough and is trouble free. I think the only major change I made was getting rid of the dusty OEM pads and fitted some ceramic EBC pads.
Hope this is of some assistance

Thanks I'm tossing up the best way to get a performance vehicle without too much costs involved?

I do have an old Subaru liberty RS turbo that's needs a fair bit of work and TLC but it is an old car now so not sure if it's worth spending money on that or saving for something like ralliart or evolution

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:16 pm

Both are great cars in their own right, you can go nuts with a stroke kit for the 4b11T motor or even if you don't still give the ECU a decent tune and come up tops , just look into insurance and rego prices and servicing prices also before pulling the trigger

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:26 pm

The rego and CTP insurance costs were fairly similar in both of mine. The comprehensive was more expensive for the X because of the initial price.I think from memory the first insurance on the RA was $600 approx and the X was around $700?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:04 pm

check out the servicing / maintenance costs also, they both use 18" wheels so straight up your looking at extra $ for tyres compared to the 16" wheels the 4b11/10 has, plus look at the cost for each service.
the NA guys bring out the tissue box & violin when they see the tactix open port is just over $300 so i hate to see how much they will carry on for 18" tyres

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:26 pm

With the exception of brakes the service costs are the same.The VRX and RA use the same spec wheel and tyre.It’s only the Evo that gets the more expensive (and wider) tyre.Both cars are performance cars and you can’t expect them to be as cheap to run as a poverty pack car.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”