***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a 2010 VRX Manual Sportsback/Hatchback

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

linzwatt
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Buying a 2010 VRX Manual Sportsback/Hatchback

Postby linzwatt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:11 am

Hey guys,
I am seriously considering a MY10 VRX Hatch Manual, it's done 93000km, price is listed at $7400
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/elimbah ... 1226662990

I've inspected the car, test drive, and had a RACQ vehicle inspection, everything came up clean, except for general wear and tear you'd expect, and some paint blemishes and scratches. The only items of note were a light amount of oil around one side of the sump, and some light staining on the right rear shock, possible minor leaks? Tires are at about 4mm tread so they will need replacing soon.

I'd like to know what I should look out for on a car of this age/km, I believe there is a major service at 90k and 100k?
100k is a replacement of the timing chain?

I am also trying to find the servicing schedule for this model year, can anyone help with this? I can do oil, fluids, filters, myself, but would like to know how often it should be taken to mechanic for other major servicing items?

Thanks,
Lindsay

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Buying a 2010 VRX Manual Sportsback/Hatchback

Postby VRXblack » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 am

Firstly welcome to the forums.

Being 10year old car according to the service manual at 10years/120k kms the car is due for a major service anyways. So might as well get it done if you plan on buying anyways. This way you'll be sure that everything has been checked and covered.
Mine was due this year but completely forgot about it and the mechanic didn't e3ven realise either but since im not having any major issues on average do around 5k kms per year im going to hold off till next year.

But you did the right thing in coming and asking as im sure most of the people here will be able to give you some good ideas on what to look for!
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Buying a 2010 VRX Manual Sportsback/Hatchback

Postby bumblebee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:34 am

To the best of my knowledge at around 90 to 100 thousands Kay's the valve shims need to be replaced.
And to the best of my knowledge the timing chain lasts the lifetime of the motor.
Owners manual says service every 15,000 Kay's
I do mine every 10,000

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”