***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2016 ES Sport Compatibility help

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Regarno
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

2016 ES Sport Compatibility help

Postby Regarno » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Been looking to buy an auto VRX for ages within my budget with no luck. I recently stumbled across a decently priced 2016 ES Sport with all the bells and whistles. However I wondering whether all the mods I've been researching on ClubCJ can be applied to it, like they do on CJ's.
Especially the front bumper, I'd want to change it with a VRX bumper but it doesn't look like they are interchangable due to the DRL's.

So my question is do regular CJ mods apply to a 2016 ES Sport?
Would the front bumper of a VRX fit on the 2016 ES Sport?
Or am I better to keep looking for a VRX?

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: 2016 ES Sport Compatibility help

Postby Quismiff » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 pm

What year VR-X were you looking at getting? Mine is an MY08 there was an update around MY12 and another on the CF Lancers. Might help people answer your questions, most CJ Lancer parts despite year are interchangeable.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:22 pm

I think if the car (in this case a CF Lancer) has DRLs from the factory they must be kept or suitable replacement used.

You can get DRLs made to fit the CJ, both from the factory or others which I have on my MY09 VRX.

That aside most of the parts are interchangeable. The bumper will fit, don't forget the under tray bits.

You might be better off looking for a late model CJ if that's the style you want, get the VRX or GSR and you get auto lights and wipers along with keyless start, something the ES may not have. Much easier to get those bits on the car than trying to fit them later.

I know when I got my VRX it felt like there wasn't much around, I got a good one and its a manual which is what I wanted. But looking back I probably could have got a better deal if I have waited. But how long is always tricky thing to consider.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Regarno
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Regarno » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Yeah I badly want a later model VRX like 2013. Seems like there aren't many and if there are, they are over priced according to redbook.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”