***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NEW LANCER-Eclipse Cross

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

NEW LANCER-Eclipse Cross

Postby sarusa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Just my mind supposing,. Till now many SUVs have been a cross over from a car.
How about a SUV cross over to a car? Eclipse cross to all new Lancer!!!!!
15mm increase in track and 35mm increase in wheelbase. Hmmm puts it up there with the opposition.

Oh! well costs nothing to hope and dream! :)

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: NEW LANCER-Eclipse Cross

Postby Mystique » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Quiet a fan of the eclipse cross, would love to buy one, but not big enough for family needs.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm

If I was to choose any new Mitsy the new Eclipse Cross would be it. Love the tech it has, just a shame it couldn't have been put into the Lancer. But it does make me wonder why this could not be the next Lancer, just lower it and you'd have the new sports back Lancer.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Since platforms are kind of modular (Lancer/ASX etc), no reason why they couldn't do one. The issue is sales, but that's only because they end up diverging the products too much like the updates on the ASX not transferred to the Lancer. Even if the parts are slightly cheaper logistics of parts makes it more expensive.

The 4B40 engine is too small, it would be nice to have larger engine for sporty-ness. It is also a direct injection 4B series, interesting they didn't use a 4J engine as a base. The Eclipse even with the turbo isn't any more powerful than the Lancer apart from a bit more torque on boost. You have to push these engines harder for the boost, and that un does any fuel economy benefits of the smaller engine.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we do actually see another sedan / hatch "Lancer-like" vehicle with an SUV added to the line up after the current Lancer and Mirage stocks have sold out. They won't announce anything until that happens of course. It's estimated existing stocks will last the year out.

It's also probably worth mentioning that anything from 2019 on is likely to be based on the Nissan-Renault CMF architecture. And if names are anything to go by the e-Evolution Concept shows that that brand might still have a future. I guess the Eclipse Cross fills that void for the time being.

I must admit, it does look like my VRX Sportback on steroids...! 1.5L MIVEC Turbo @ 110kW seems like it could be a little light if seating teens / adults, but it does look very nice inside and out. No doubt they'll disable the touchpad when moving if my MMCS is anything to go by...!
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Fingers crossed they don’t bring back the lancer name back into some sort of cross over like they are for the evo concept, the ASX was enough of an SUV lancer, mitsubishi just ain’t what they used to be :(
We are all in it for the fun!

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:06 pm

OHH YEA!!!!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

The 4j11-12 engines with direct injection would be the best bet for a new lancer.
Grand Lancer for China would be a bad choice as all it is, is a face lift of a many years old car,
the very thing that caused the sales slump of the lancer.

Using the Eclipse Cross platform starts a brand new car without having to rely on development
costs of a new platform. Which would appear to probably be the very thing that killed the lancer.
Remember the earlier attempts with Nissan/Renault. Yes I know Nissan Is a major shareholder of Mitsu:

Advantages keep adding up, production development cost wise, by being able to use just
about everything inside and out from the Eclipse Cross for a Brand new Lancer.

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:26 pm

I checked them out today whilst getting old recalls addressed. Very much like a VRX Sportsback, but very, very muscle-car-esque. The front is huge and brutal, but taken up by those massive wheels hence - I presume - the 1.5L motor. The interior is certainly more suitable for the bigger framed, but I think would feel underpowered to us Lancer owners (especially 2.4L operators). To extend the styling: A coupe would be akin to a new Mustang or Charger perhaps, and the sedan version would be somewhat akin to the Kia Stinger, whilst a saloon would be akin to a Statesman but more bullish. Nice though... And nicer than the ASX I thought...

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 pm

It does look nice for a family car, or an interested SUV owner I’m not gonna lie since I’m seeing adds on TV for it now, but the only let down is how the well reknown company known for its power plants are all dead and even its minor counterparts( the lancer) going to the grave soon too!

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Thought I'd mention too how striking the rear of the Eclipse Cross is too. I had been thinking how much it reminded me of the styling of the Veloster rear or perhaps more closely, the new Civic. Then today I actually mistook a Toyota C-HR Koba for the Eclipse Cross. Very, very similar looking... It has a 1.2L Turbo. Seems to be way things are heading. Is the future now...?

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Yep! Small engines powered by forced induction! Looks like it seems to be the easy choice to make a cost affordable car these days

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”