***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

MY09 Lancer VR-X

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: MY09 Lancer VR-X

Postby Mooman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:36 am

The RX is just a base model with 16 inch alloy wheels as standard, you'll loose some of the stuff found in a VR-X such as accessory port in armrest, larger brakes and swaybars, strut tower bar, sideskirts and larger wing, 18 inch wheels, 2.4 litre engine, rain sensing wipers, automatic climate control, keyless entry, upgraded stereo (tweeters standard and Rockford Fosgate optional), bluetooth, and paddle shifters for auto.

But don't be deterred as most of that is just luxury or can be added into any Lancer if so desired. 7000km is hardly anything so should be ok mechanically. As it's been sitting for 4 years I'd suggest the battery needs to be replaced as well as brake fluid (it will absorb moisture) at a minimum, probably also a good idea to do an oil change as well.

The exhaust is a personal choice so I'd make sure you hear it and drive with it for a awhile before parting with money, as it's an axle back though it could easily be replaced with a stock muffler if sound is too annoying or painful.

Going off Redbook the price range for a used RX manual sedan is $4,600 - $6,100. Given the low km's and other mods it'd probably be in the higher end of the range.
https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/details/2009-mitsubishi-lancer-rx-cj-manual-my10/SPOT-ITM-260670/

Worth having a look at I think.

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks for the fast reply. Being a base model doesn't really bother me as I have been looking at ES models as well. It is manual. I have driven it before and like the exhaust sound. Definitely on the quieter end of exhaust sounds that I have owned in the past. :D I think I would offer about $5,000 due to it not being rwc (even though it would probably pass) or registered and needing oils, brake fluid etc

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Yeah I'd want a full service, including the brake fluid and coolant changed, new battery and alignment, having tyres sitting in the same spot for 4 years is not good so they might need to be replaced ASAP. Maybe bigger 18" wheels if you want to go that way.

They is risk with any used car and just because it have only 7k on it doesn't mean its like new sitting like that for 4 years.

Was it garaged or outside?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 am

Was garaged. So yeah paint is perfect. Tyres aren't hard or anything but yeah like you said they have been sitting in the same spot for quite a while. If I can get the car for cheap enough I would be buying some 18s as I already have some lined up, Whether they would fit or not is another story :lol: 18x9.5 +15?? Would be a fair bit of poke wouldn't there?

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:09 pm

JDM_DAN wrote:Was garaged. So yeah paint is perfect. Tyres aren't hard or anything but yeah like you said they have been sitting in the same spot for quite a while. If I can get the car for cheap enough I would be buying some 18s as I already have some lined up, Whether they would fit or not is another story :lol: 18x9.5 +15?? Would be a fair bit of poke wouldn't there?

i have 18x8's and they poke about 5mm out the guard - stock guard, not rolled or anything

probs have to roll the guards to make it less obvious as a defect

online there are rim/tire size calculators such as
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?wi ... offset2=35

have a play around and see whether you like how they will sit
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Yeah don't want to do too much guard work so I found some 18x8.5 +35's instead, I think they will be the better bet as the car is for the misses.

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Sorry for all the questions guys. But brother wont sell me his. Found a 2011 SX Lancer 167xxxkms, full service history, manual, one owner etc. What is the SX? From what I can tell it looks exactly the same as the RX.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:55 pm

JDM_DAN wrote:Sorry for all the questions guys. But brother wont sell me his. Found a 2011 SX Lancer 167xxxkms, full service history, manual, one owner etc. What is the SX? From what I can tell it looks exactly the same as the RX.

I believe a SX is a very similar model to the RX, just a bit newer! They are really just an ES with a couple extra things like 16 inch alloys and a spoiler from factory

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 am

Well found one we are getting. 2011 Lancer SX. Paint on the spoiler is a bit shitty but other than that it looks and drives really nice. Pick it up on saturday!
$_20 (11).JPG
$_20 (11).JPG (187.72 KiB) Viewed 20383 times

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 pm

JDM_DAN wrote:Well found one we are getting. 2011 Lancer SX. Paint on the spoiler is a bit shitty but other than that it looks and drives really nice. Pick it up on saturday!
$_20 (11).JPG

Spoiler problems? easily solved!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lancer-es-cj ... 1673681560

for a tiny insignificant fee of close to a grand it's solved!

just kidding, congrats on the car mate!
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

JDM_DAN
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JDM_DAN » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 am

Ronan.Butler11 wrote:
JDM_DAN wrote:Well found one we are getting. 2011 Lancer SX. Paint on the spoiler is a bit shitty but other than that it looks and drives really nice. Pick it up on saturday!
$_20 (11).JPG

Spoiler problems? easily solved!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lancer-es-cj ... 1673681560

for a tiny insignificant fee of close to a grand it's solved!

just kidding, congrats on the car mate!

Somehow I don't think the misses will be keen. :D :lolhit:

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Yeah thats just an invite for the police to pull you over!

Best solution is just paint it, either get a few can's of matching paint or get a quote from a panel shop, take it off and they can do all the hard work for maybe $300.

Personally I'd DIY it and paint it black, then do the roof and bonnet to match!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”