***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancer Ralliart for P plater with Exemption

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Lancer Ralliart for P plater with Exemption

Postby Nirpen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 am

I am considering buying a Lancer Ralliart and applying for a Moderately Powered Turbo/Supercharged Car - P Plater Exemption. I have a few questions about it.

Its my understanding that you don't need a reason to get a Moderately Powered Exemption. Is that true?

A QLD form that I found on the internet states that "You may apply for a certifi cate of exemption if the car you wish to
drive was manufactured before 1 January 2010". The form however is dated as "V01 Nov 2013". Can I still get a later year Ralliart (2013 is what I am looking at)?

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Re: Lancer Ralliart for P plater with Exemption

Postby merlin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 am

Dont know, but certainly worth looking into.

The Ralliart is a good safe car, good power, good brakes, good handling, no vices and plenty of airbags.

I would not be shy of getting an early one either - after a trans check.

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:07 pm

The year of the lancer doesn't really concern me since they don't change much each year. Its just annoying that the only low km 2009 ralliart near me has the same asking price as a 2013 one. Both of which have around 50,000kms and the 2013 ralliart has satnav.

From reading the QLD transport site it seems that P platers are allowed to drive turbo cars built after 2010 provided it has power-to-weight ratio of less than 130kW/t. I don't see it stating anywhere else on the page that turbo cars are not allowed to be driven except for ones made before 2010. I even checked the ralliart in the vehicle test on the QLD site and it says 'not high powered' .
Check high-powered vehicle result

I will confirm with someone at the department of transport when I am closer to being able to purchase a Ralliart.

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:30 pm

My girlfriend had to get an exemption to drive my ralliart as it is built before jan 1 2010. If it comes up as not high powered vehicle on qld transport website you dont need an exemption.

Nirpen
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Nirpen » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:13 am

The Ralliart that I am considering says it has been on the written-off vehicle register. The price seems way lower than the other ralliart's of that year around me (probably to do with the fact it is a repaired write off). Is it still worth having a look at and anything that I should be cautious off?
I am very new when it comes to inspecting cars and always have my dad with me to help inspect cars as he seems pretty good at it. (only knowledge I have is from watching 'ChrisFix - How to Inspect a Used Car' videos, which I have yet to put to use.)

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Don't buy it.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

CJsportback
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CJsportback » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm

"Minor damage to front" and it was put on the WOVR? Errr..I would like to know what the owner's definition of minor is.. TBH I'd steer clear as Darryl suggested..

Skrallex
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Skrallex » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Shouldn't it have the indicators on the mirrors if it's an MY14? Or were they an option or only in MY15?

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”