***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The dealer is providing 20,000$ price for brand new lancer

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

The dealer is providing 20,000$ price for brand new lancer

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:05 pm

The seller told me that this is the discounted price for a brand new lancer MY16 , normally they sell it with the 23,000$ price

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: The dealer is providing 20,000$ price for brand new lancer

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:26 pm

What model? Assuming ES Sport?

Auto or manual?
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:29 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:What model? Assuming ES Sport?

Auto or manual?

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:43 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:What model? Assuming ES Sport?

Auto or manual?

Could u help me with exploring the differences between ES, GSR & LS?

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Have a look on the Mitsubishi website...it lists all the features and specifications of the different models :)
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:27 pm

They love throwing in 'free' auto.

The ES is the basic model, which I think still misses things like the keyless start and auto lights/wipers.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:Have a look on the Mitsubishi website...it lists all the features and specifications of the different models :)

I have read closely on their site
those extra functions are not really vital to my drive experience, if everything is ok, the Lancer my16 is gonna be my first car, just in case to avoid suffering some bad experience without buying some extra equipments.

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:They love throwing in 'free' auto.

The ES is the basic model, which I think still misses things like the keyless start and auto lights/wipers.

keyless might not be vital, and auto wiper not vital too, but I want auto light.
leather seat- not significant
e-seat - not significant
the LS and GSR seems have few difference compared to ES through my opinio(info by Mitsubishi provided)

Azza_07
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Azza_07 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:49 pm

i just brought a GSR CF 2016 yesterday. $25,500 manual, wouldnt discount it, traded my old car in for $5000.

I did get free vinyl/seat and leather prtection after i brought paint protection and tinted windows.

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Azza_07 wrote:i just brought a GSR CF 2016 yesterday. $25,500 manual, wouldnt discount it, traded my old car in for $5000.

I did get free vinyl/seat and leather prtection after i brought paint protection and tinted windows.

So this price purchase might be a very good deal compare to your consumption.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:34 pm

In Vic:many dealers are offering My16 auto in colors for $19990 so white should be cheaper. So should be able to get 5 free services and extended warranty for extra year plus roadside assist for 5 years. As I did with similar sought of asking prices when I bought mine.
Services in my case were fixed at $250, that means saving of $1250 and that includes oil, filter etc: as specified for that service.

Methu
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Methu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:40 pm

sarusa wrote:In Vic:many dealers are offering My16 auto in colors for $19990 so white should be cheaper. So should be able to get 5 free services and extended warranty for extra year plus roadside assist for 5 years. As I did with similar sought of asking prices when I bought mine.
Services in my case were fixed at $250, that means saving of $1250 and that includes oil, filter etc: as specified for that service.

So does that mean I can't do further requirements on price discount?

The dealer consultant told me that its a special offer price in this month, if so, I will be really nervous if I miss the special offer.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:28 pm

Not worth it in my opinion as you are buying 10 year old technology as the Lancer was developed in 2006

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:44 pm

One reason getting a use CJ make more sense and why they are discounting the new ones so much as many buyers are returning customers seeing not much has changed since they got the CJ 5 years ago. Why buy new when you can get a good used CJs for much less.

I feel sad that they look set to drop the Lancer once the 'new' model runs it's course.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:10 pm

aspir3 wrote:Not worth it in my opinion as you are buying 10 year old technology as the Lancer was developed in 2006

True, to an extent. There has been many upgrades that you don't think of though. The 4B11 got an upgrade with electric power steering and a few other things the 4B12 missed out on. This upgrade occurred around the same time that Mitsubishi released the 4J engines in Japan which is an updated 4B design (single camshaft which in this case is supposedly better due to reduced pumping loss, better MiVEC etc). The 4J12 therefore has the power similar to a 4B12, with a bit bette torque curve, but fuel economy which is supposedly a bit better than the 4B11. This should have been the standard Lancer motor from 2012 onwards. Most standard upgrades would be compatible such as extractors etc, as the block is the same. Other features should have been transplanted from the ASX, seeing as it is a very closely related car. In the world of platforms, the ASX was just a SUV version of the Lancer, and is probably even more closely related to it than the Territory is to the Falcon. It wouldn't have taken much to keep the Lancer to the same level as the ASX, and they probably could have saved money due to parts, economies of scale etc. Same thing with utilising all 4J engines instead of making 4J and 4B engines.

The Lancer is probably not going to be around much longer, Mitsubishi are pretty much just focussed on SUV's now. The Pajero is likely dead, the Pajero Sport taking its place. There is also suggestion of a new model between the Outlander and Pajero Sport, which would probably occur at the same time as dropping the Lancer. Now that Nissan owns the majority (from a decision making point) of Mitsubishi they'll probably keep the sedans all under Nissan branding. This means the Altima, Maxima, Skyline etc. The equivalent (in a sense) is the Altima, which is quite a bit more expensive. There isn't actually any reason why they can't have a car branded as a Lancer based on the Altima, but without the schmancy stuff that adds to the cost. That is, make a fun car instead of a small/medium sized luxury car.

It will be interesting to see if Ethan Automotive actually goes ahead with their SUV, sedan, and coupe plan, and if so how much they'll cost and how nice they'll actually be.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”