***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancers and long legs

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Lancers and long legs

Postby Anhevius » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:28 am

So. Out of the last three cars my fiance and I have owned (2008 380, 2009 Lancer VR, and 2010 Commodore Omega), only ONE has proven to be a good car. The Lancer.

The 380 was dressed up before sale/inspection, traded it in for a huge loss on the Commodore...which is also sucking money. Dealer had to resurface the heads, and did a whole bunch of other work under the three month warranty. Now it needs a transmission rebuild.

So, I am looking at paying off the VR as fast as possible to get one for myself (I bought it for my fiance).

I only have a couple of issues.

The driver's seat doesn't go back far enough to be fully comfortable. Does the Rallyart have a better seating position for taller people, or will I have to modify the seat rails myself?

The other concern I have is the engine. I know my 3000GT VR-4 I had in the States was rather fussy about repairs, and constantly needed something. Will I see the same with the RA as it ages, or will it behave with regular maintenance?

Thanks for any and all information!

CJsportback
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Lancers and long legs

Postby CJsportback » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:34 am

You must be a tall fella, I'm 6'5" and have no worries with the seating position..back seat would be a different story entirely.

As far as the RA goes, regular maintenance should keep you hassle free. There's always a possibility of things dying with age but keeping the maintenance up you'll be able to foresee any kind of preventative maintenance you may need.

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:38 pm

I was 6'4" before spine damage. I think a lot of it is that my knees are also messed up, so they're more comfortable extended. That's one reason I love my Commodore, the seat goes back forever.

I'm not fussed about seat space for the back, since it's just my fiance and I (kids are just not an option for me). I will go take a look at a few RA's and see how they go. I know they have a different seat from the regular Lancers, so the difference might make it more comfortable.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Since when is 6' short LOL, guess I'm average? Anyway I tend to sit close to the wheel for better control, I do know others they have their arms stretched out. I have no issue with room but it would have been nice for them to offer reach adjustment by now on the CJ/CF.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”