***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New car Trade in tips.

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

azzy9211
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New car Trade in tips.

Postby azzy9211 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:48 pm

I was thinking of getting a new lancer rather than doing up my old one that I currently own. I was wondering what would be a fairly new model cj as well as some tips on a good trade in to meet a decent price. I was thinking a 2014 model but I don't know what make. Any help would be appreciated
☺

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:59 pm

1. Check redbook.com.au for your car's trade-in value and print a copy of that page to bring to the dealer.
2. Dealer will most likely offer you a couple of grand lower than the Redbook value. Present the printout should this happen.
3. Make an offer that will give you an advantage of a few thousand bucks. Also insist on floor mats and full tank at least. Do not sound too eager to what they will propose. Say that you're in no rush and are happy to check other dealerships.
4. If you're financing the car through them, make sure you shake hands on the initial outlay first, because once you're in the finance part already, they can just offer you lower monthly payments, but longer term and therefore higher interest or final balloon payment.
5. Dealer may initially decline your initial offer and see you out the door, but in several cases, they will call you back to say they are willing to proceed with your terms.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Also, don't be afraid to shop multiple dealerships. Then tell them "Well, dealer XXX offered me this, but I'm looking for something a bit better".

Another thing is to look at lease returns or demo cars. Low km's, still has factory warranty, but you can knock several grand off the price for anything from 100km's to 15,000km's.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”