***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2016 Lancer is coming

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 am

The facelift is awfully hideous. First thing I'd do if I were to buy this would be to swap it back to the old one.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 am

I didn't think it was that bad (the one I posted) but the diamond would have to go!

What every they do for the next Lancer (if we get one) is not gonna please everyone since the current shape has been with us so long. Really they should have done a face lift 3-4 years ago, even if it was just new bumpers and maybe headlights/fenders and some cosmetic interior changes. It would help push sales as more people would buy the 'new' shape.

Short of a whole new car this might be too little too late.

Long live the CJ!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 pm

The one thing I feared the most reading the articles in the past year was Mitsubishi doing alliances and hybrids with other companies. Especially like Renault. (No offence SIX420) lol. But Mitsubishi and Renault don't mix in terms of design. However I didn't mind the idea of Mitsubishi and Nissan.

But it appears that most articles are saying Mitsubishi will do an internal design which is awesome. Means we can expect the same kind of slick design.

If you look in the past, all the lancers (before CJ) had specific specific look. I'm willing to buy a new Lancer if it has bits of the CJ design and is more slicker.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:08 pm

actually you will find that partnerships are very common in the auto world.
Its the best way of saving money on R+D which is the most expensive part of making a car.

our 4B11 engine was collaborated with Hyundai, Chrysler.

so much to the fact that the Peugeot have the 4007 had the 2.4L 4b12 in it. and was basically the outlander for Europe.

Also the our CVT is a a jatco unit which is owned by Nissan....

Not to mention that sometimes they fish these kinds of pictures out to the world to see their reaction. not that it stopped Chrysler from releasing the PT cruiser.....

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh don't get me wrong. Hybrid technology is always good.

I was referring to the exterior designs of the car :). Just can't imagine Mitsubishi and some other car companies merge together in design. Or it must be because i have a bad imagination :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 am

I'm more worried about the engineering when it comes to suspension design in particular. My Nephew has a current design Pulsar and for one thing it has Torsion beam rear so not independent, even on the SSS model. For god sake even my 21yo CC coupe has IRS! Also the SSS only have 17" wheels when we have had 18" for 8 years and many others are now bigger. Plus from what I've see there is no plans for a AWD version at any spec level. Basically it looks like it's built down to a cost and not as a drivers car which the higher spec CJs are aimed at IMHO.

Unless they can get the spec levels right any new Lancer would be a step back and loose it's fan base. Yes I know many drivers don't car what's under the skin but there would buy anything and are more likely to buy on price and what's in fashion. I just hope if Mitsy works with someone else for the next Lancer that it's for the basic structure and they get to spec it how we want and not put cheaper suspension and the like to reduce costs.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:24 pm

I like the DRL idea, but not the front bumper.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:28 pm

That doesn't look too bad and probably the cheapest 'upgrade' since the last 911. Looks like they have only replaced the bumper, which is not bad if you don't like the look go find an other CJ bumper and swap it over.

Looks like they still haven't bothered updating the press that does the front fenders to remove the indicators. Really they could have given us some new head lights, again just look at the after market options.

Also not loving the wheels and looking on the link they didn't even bother with the rear bumper. But it does look like the have updated the interior a little bit and done some under the skin upgrades/changes.

Might work but just not sure about that nose. Think it will look tons better once someone paints the middle bit black like the RA/EVO, which are now sadly gone :(.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:35 pm

There i fixed it for you

If it aint broke. dont fix it.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

HAHAHA

You know what though. i'd like to see that 'new' bumper with the bonnet scoops. it could look okay and the blackouted front

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Yep, first job will be to the body shop but if you want a hot Lancer then get your RA now as they won't be around much longer.

Just a thought, I know a few years back in the UK some customers didn't like a new model JAG and dealers were changing the front (just part of the grill) before delivery. Maybe dealers would do that here, pay a fee and get a old bumper painted and fitted.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:07 am

Now it really does look like they just bolted an ASX front end on with those DRL's. At least it slightly points up at the bottom so could save on some of those annoying scrapes.

New door cards look interesting, but I also noticed the cup holders no longer have the cover? Another minor part delete to cut costs?

I wonder if we'll see any of the AWC models here.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:24 am

Yeah I thought I saw no lid on the cup holder, I like the lid as it's a nice place to store small things when not using them to hold cups.

The AWD version would be nice but nothing compared to the RA... until someone wacks a turbo on it!

I do wonder how long before we will see Mitsy promoting them here.

To me it looks like a corporate overhaul to make the front look like other cars in there range.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”