***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2016 Lancer is coming

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

undecentum
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

2016 Lancer is coming

Postby undecentum » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:50 am

Hi fellow members,

I was recently involved in an accident that resulted in a total write off of MY14.5 ES :(

However it also meant that I get a new lancer as a replacement.

I came across this website while searching for info on MY15.
http://news.sys-con.com/node/3434212

Apparently MY16 will get a face lift and I suspect it would look like MY16 Outlander.
What do you guys think??

I know I cannot hold off a new replacement car until MY16 is released...but I like the idea of being a new lancer model pioneer :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 am

Not sure if I could wait, just depends ho long but it it common practice to release the new model before the end of the year so it might not be far away. I'd ask local dealers if they know anything.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Tin_Pusher
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tin_Pusher » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Unless something has changed, Mitsubishi commence manufacturing new model Lancers at the beginning of August each year, and we see them here in late September/October.

So with luck we should see the MY16 model Lancer here in the next month or so.

undecentum
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby undecentum » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:22 pm

If anybody is interested, this is the image of the MY16 Outlander, Pajero grill transplanted onto the lancer sedan.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/227005/blog/35963103/

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:20 pm

I can see them doing that, I mean the CJ has gone basically unchanged since late 07. Maybe it's just a few panels, bonnet and bumpers that will be changed and some interior work. Something IMO they should have done years ago to breath life into the Lancer range.

The question remains, will this still be the CJ or will we see a new model name?

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 am

Firstly, the website you have is American, so I'm not sure if Australia will get the update at the same time. Knowing that our country is one of the late receipients of facelifts, it might not be till early next year. And don't count on dealers telling you of an upcoming model as they need to clear stock of the old one.

Secondly, I don't see how putting the Outlander's face into the Lancer will make it look better, but whether or not it's gonna be an improvement is for you to decide.

Finally, the only real benefit I can see is the improved CVT, if that's what you plan to get. But then again, I'm not sure if it's only revised programming or a completely new transmission.

The best thing to do now is check with your insurer as to whether or not you can wait for this facelifted model, but chances are they will insist on the current model in the interest of a like-for-like replacement, and will potentially cost them less.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 am

Interesting.. the outlander face on the lancer body looks quite average IMO.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:52 pm

If they indeed are planning a who new look Lancer and not the mild face lifts we have been getting with some mechanical upgrades but maybe you can get a good deal on the current look Lancer.

The biggest benefit of having the current model we know it's tried and tested, they've sorted the bugs and I agree even if this happens in the US soon it doesn't mean we'll get in this year.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Why would they facelift it now when its the final year of production?

Honestly I think anybody who buys a 2015 lancer is mad, just buy an 09 for 1/2 the price.

Otherwise there are MUCH better new cars out there now than a 'new' CJ lancer.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:10 am

Well as far as I can tell its just a rumor so a good change it might now happen but if it did I would hope it was more than a few new panels and upgraded CVT, I would hope after 8 years they would go though the whole car.

Who knows maybe they got sick of waiting for a whole new chassis/platform and decided to modify they existing one? If this it the case it should be good news for us here, we're all for mods and this is about as extreme as they come!

I do agree about the current model, save a heap and get a slightly used one, even if it's a 2012 then when a new model comes out you'll have more money for that.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Maybe this is the next Lancer but it looks more like the CJ with a new bumper and that's about it.
http://onautoview.com/2016-mitsubishi-l ... ncer-2016/

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 pm

There was talk about the Renault-Nissan platform sharing deal for the next Lancer but I think that fell through.

For all we know, the CJ Lancer might be one of the last Mitsubishi sedans in a while considering they're looking at the SUV/4x4 market more.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:28 pm

That would be a shame.

IMO the above one I posted looks a more realistic prospect for 2016, new bumpers, maybe some interior work, mostly cosmetic but still a lot more than they have done so far to the CJ in it's 8 year history.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Unfortunately Lancer is losing sales to ASX etc. so I don't think Mitsubishi is in any hurry to spend on replacing it.

The Outlander has the new Mitsubishi corporate face so it'll make it's way on to most models, Lancer, Mirage etc.

IMO the Outlander has too much chrome and a Lancer with that face would make for a sad end to the line.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Chrome is and easy fix with some black paint.

I do agree that unfortunately too many people are buying into the who SUV lifestyle for all the wrong reasons. They don't have much more room than the sports back and aren't as safe as a sedan.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”