***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Looking to buy a brand new RA

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

dimsum2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Looking to buy a brand new RA

Postby dimsum2 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Hey all!

Long time lurker... happily just parted with my old car that I was learning/driving for the past 8 years.

Currently looking at buying a Ralliart brand new in Sydney but have a couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me out with...
    Is there a dealership/sales person you can recommend? I live on the North Shore but happy to travel.
    I saw one of our members (forgot who) purchased a 2014 MY15 RA for $29,850, reckon I should be aiming for this price or do you reckon it's a one off?
    I read that there will be only 100 2015 built RAs being sent to Australia (sadly the final batch), anyone else heard any other news? I'm assuming there won't be a MY16 model then?

Thanks for reading guys!

dimsum2
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dimsum2 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate, had a look at your post in 2011 and it was very informative. The first test drive sounded very frustrating, which dealership was that at?

I met with Leslie at Pennant Hills a couple weeks back and during our conversation he was pushing hard to convince me that he was on my side because he was paid a flat commission rate where I knew it was percentage based... wasn't liking it at all so I walked out.

Been talking to Chris at Blacktown but will try find Jason also and give your tender approach a go!

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 am

The Ralliart is a great car, so there's no reason to have to think about buying one, hehe.

Seriously though, it's an underrated, unappreciated machine. It has loads of potential, and tuners on the east side (Merlin, Beeble and Megatron) can literally transform it. It looks good, can kill a big six, and is good for daily driving.

A new one should be around the $35K mark driveaway, with nav and leather.

Any other questions, please ask and a lot of us will be happy to assist.

Happy purchase!
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue May 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Best thing to do is make a firm offer of your own, as in give them a price you're willing to pay, and go like, "Do I drive or do I walk?" That said, you're meant to offer the lowest driveaway figure you've seen. Worst that can happen is they say no, which isn't too often especially when EOFY is just around the corner. Don't be afraid of rejection; there's always another dealer.

Also, if you're financing the car, make sure they don't talk you into monthly payments until you've shaken hands at the final price.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

ap81
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ap81 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:04 pm

"A new one should be around the $35K mark driveaway, with nav and leather. "

what kind of discount should I see for buying a demonstrator?

It only has around 100km on it, and I'd say a quarter of those were mine...

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:23 am

The number of kms isn't that big, but you can probably find out when it was registered to the dealer. You can get a discount by way of warranty balance. For instance, if a new car normally has 5 years, and that particular demo first had its rego six months ago, then you only get the remaining 4.5 years. This can be critical come claim time, so a couple of grand off perhaps?
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

ap81
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ap81 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:16 pm

I've been told it hasn't been registered ie I would have the full 5 years of warranty.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:02 am

ap81 wrote:A new one should be around the $35K mark driveaway, with nav and leather. what kind of discount should I see for buying a demonstrator? It only has around 100km on it, and Id say a quarter of those were mine...

Leather is not an option for the MY15 RA's... I asked for it, and they said they didn't offer it anymore. Same with HID headlights.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 am

el3ment wrote:[quote:bdb698ff03=ap81]A new one should be around the $35K mark driveaway, with nav and leather. what kind of discount should I see for buying a demonstrator? It only has around 100km on it, and Id say a quarter of those were mine...[/quote:bdb698ff03] Leather is not an option for the MY15 RAs... I asked for it, and they said they didnt offer it anymore. Same with HID headlights.

Really? So there's no heated seats or anything like that?
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

Metalstrix wrote:[quote:8bdad2d6f4=el3ment][quote:bdb698ff03=ap81]A new one should be around the $35K mark driveaway, with nav and leather. what kind of discount should I see for buying a demonstrator? It only has around 100km on it, and Id say a quarter of those were mine...[/quote:bdb698ff03] Leather is not an option for the MY15 RAs... I asked for it, and they said they didnt offer it anymore. Same with HID headlights.[/quote:8bdad2d6f4] Really? So theres no heated seats or anything like that?

Nope. I asked for leather interior and they said it was not available for the RA's anymore. They said they could get the leather done at a 3rd party company before I pick it up, but then its not the same right?

But yeah... no more leather or heated seats option. They got rid of a lot actually. They even don't offer the dash illumination lights (those red strips). But I asked them to put it on as they still sold them and told them it made no difference what car it goes into.. the damn dash is the same. lol
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:51 am

If leather seats are something you can live without, then it's a good opportunity to haggle. If they can't offer them even as an option, then you can possibly argue driving compromise and ask for a discount. This third party solution for leather you can do yourself, and much cheaper, if someone makes them in your area without deleting the side airbags.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”