***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Looking at buying an X MR

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Life
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Looking at buying an X MR

Postby Life » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a White 2010 Evo X MR MY11 at present, it has 53,000km.

Just wondering what a fair/realistic price in today's market would be for such a car?

I was thinking somewhere around $35-37k, is that too high/too low?

Other then timing chain/SST issues, any problems I should be looking out for?

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Any slightly heard clunks (sounds very similar to the air con clunk but tad quieter) when your foot is taken off accelerator and then reapplied or rattles especially after turning car off indicate Fly Wheel Hub, a 2 day job to replaced. Just had mine done on a 2011 RA. You will need a smooth stretch of road to check that on and no air con and no music. The RA and MR make a few odd noises as it is to a new owner but if you turn the ignition off and there is a rattle that continues after is a good way to tell as it shouldn't make any noises then.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Have a good look around on carsales.com.au and on redbook.com.au for indicative pricing; check for a complete Mitsubishi service history too.

One trick I do is to let the person selling the car drive you around for at least ten minutes (with the radio turned down, but not off), eventually they'll relax and start to drive the car in their normal fashion and this should give you an indication of how they treat the car. After listening & looking for a while, ask them how it goes "if you push it a bit" - then watch their face out of the corner of your eye... :-)

And... if in doubt, don't - there's always another one coming along later...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

jackguo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jackguo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:06 am

Depends on what sort of mod it got one the car or completely stock? I purchased a 2010 evo x gsr sst with 25000km no mods for 36500 back in 2013, im in VIC
Mitsubishi Evo X GSR

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”