***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CHoosing between used VRX or Aspire

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

zero7jin
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

CHoosing between used VRX or Aspire

Postby zero7jin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:41 am

Hello guys,

I have come down to two cars - Lancer VRX and Aspire, as per links below:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-432624

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/AGC-AD-16634905/

*Please note that the VRX it is actually built in 2009 and compliance date of 02/2009, so being advertised as a 2010 car is incorrect.

I inspected and test drove the VRX, everything looked and felt good, but I did not mention price to the owner at all as I told him I am still shopping around and will get back to him in a few days. As for the Aspire, I am planning to head down to the dealer probably over the weekend to have a look.

So far, comparing features and age of car, I am leaning more towards the Aspire. Since it is 2011 MY2012, that would probably mean capped price service is still valid for at least another two years. Also, SatNav, leather seats, front and rear sensor, rear camera, seat warmers, etc. However, if VRX owner is willing to go a lot lower than the Aspire, then I might consider the VRX instead. I am trying to use the Aspire as a benchmark to bargain once I test drive and get price offers with dealer.

Now, I need opinions on what you reckon is the lowest price I can ask for these two cars? For purpose of gauging, I am happy to consider up to $14,000 for the VRX and up to $15,000 for the Aspire.

Let me know what you think i.e. if price can be lower, or if you think I need to increase my offers, etc.

Stephen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:43 am

I personally think the asking price on the VRX is decent, you might be lucky if you can get the seller down to $15000. The dealer might be willing to go down a bit with the aspire as they're more then likely trying to sell it quickly. I personally would go with the Aspire because it has the Sat-Nav and other extras, but is also newer.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:05 am

Hi Jin,
VRX would be nice, due to the bigger engine, but realistically, most of the time you'll be in traffic, so the Aspire will be a much nicer place to spend your time.

As Stephen said, it's hard to past the leather interior and mmcs. Plus you get flappy paddles!!! :-D

Also, as it's a 2011 car, you'll have the residual Mitsubishi factory warranty, which is a big bonus...

Get the Aspire. Don't wait, they're hard to find. :-)
Last edited by Zaphod on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

Zaphod wrote:Hi Jin, VRX would be nice due to the bigger engine, but realistically, most of the time youll be in traffic, so the Aspire will be a much nicer place to spend your time. As Stephen said, its hard to past the leather interior and mmcs. Plus you get flappy paddles!!! :-D Also, as its a 2011 car, youll have the residual Mitsubishi factory warranty, which is a big bonus... Get the Aspire. Dont wait, theyre hard to find. :-)

The aspire comes with a 4b12 Martin, so same engine as the vrx, and leather interior just like the vrx. Down side is the aspire only comes with a cvt and quote me if I'm wrong doesn't get 18 inch rims standard? Plus for the aspire is standard mmcs the rare OEM hid headlights and the shiny chrome grille.

If I didn't care if I drove manual or not I would get the aspire for the fact I get a few extras the vrx misses out on.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

Those would be the 18" wheels in the ad, I suspect Akram... :-P

Jin, I assume you're on an 'auto-only' licence?

Don't forget to let us know when you get the car! :-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am

Zaphod wrote:Those would be the 18 wheels in the ad, I suspect Akram... :-P Jin, I assume youre on an auto-only licence? Dont forget to let us know when you get the car! :-D

Maybe they added them after Martin? When I was looking at lancers some of the aspires didn't have 18s

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:50 am

...and what I found out on the weekend was that the early VRXs had the 2.0l engine... go figure? :-/

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:01 am

Zaphod wrote:...and what I found out on the weekend was that the early VRXs had the 2.0l engine... go figure? :-/

Yes late 2007/2008 vrx's did and they also lacked leather seats, remember Kayla's previous vrx

zero7jin
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby zero7jin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Zaphod wrote:Those would be the 18 wheels in the ad, I suspect Akram... :-P Jin, I assume youre on an auto-only licence? Dont forget to let us know when you get the car! :-D

I have manual licence, but the way I commute to work with traffic, frequent travel to the city, auto is better off for me. Also, it is easier to sell next time.

If I am going for Aspire, I don't have a choice anyways since they only come with CVT.

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:30 am

The aspires come with the 18inch vrx rims as standard. And yeah are the 2.4lt.
However being second hand the capped price servicing doesn't get passed down, unless the dealership does a deal, eg:some give you the option to buy extended warranty and chuck in capped price. Ford does this but not sure on other dealers.

Good luck with the car you choose :)
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:47 am

I got the selling dealer to register mine for the 'extended' warranty and I still have the capped-price servicing :-)

Stephen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stephen » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Let us know what you end up with.

zero7jin
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby zero7jin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:07 pm

The dealer says that the 2011 Aspire does not have a reverse camera. I thought they come with cameras stock? Can you guys confirm?

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:41 pm

zero7jin wrote:The dealer says that the 2011 Aspire does not have a reverse camera. I thought they come with cameras stock? Can you guys confirm?

I'm quite sure reverse cameras don't necessarily come stock with the Aspires, at least for the older models anyway.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:44 pm

RyanMK wrote:[quote:3fb0318c1b=zero7jin]The dealer says that the 2011 Aspire does not have a reverse camera. I thought they come with cameras stock? Can you guys confirm?[/quote:3fb0318c1b] Im quite sure reverse cameras dont necessarily come stock with the Aspires, at least for the older models anyway.

Adding a reverse camera to your mmcs isnt to difficult if you are keen on having one.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”