***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CHoosing between used VRX or Aspire

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

zero7jin
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby zero7jin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Alright guys, just put down the deposit for the Aspire. We shook on $15250, subject to mechanical inspection and confirmation of warranty. Now need to find and book a mechanic for pre-purchase inspection hopefully on Monday. As for warranty, the dealer said that the remaining factory warranty/5 year capped service price should still come with the car but I am not sure if that is the case.

Shamoo on top says that the capped price servicing doesn't get passed down?

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:17 pm

The 5 years warranty gets passed down. Not too sure about the capped price servicing though.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

zero7jin
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby zero7jin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 pm

According to Mitsubishi website, looks like it does carry over ownership (see bottom of link)

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/customer-assistance/capped-priced-servicing

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 am

When you get the car, have a look through the service logbook - you'll find a chapter that refers to the 'extended' warranty - theoretically you (or the original owner) need to request the extension; just contact the original selling dealer and ask them to activate the extension (if it hasn't already been done) - then jump onto the MMAL website and on the 'contact us' page, there's a drop-down that let's you transfer the ownership into your name... That way you'll be notified of any recalls etc.

MMAL want to keep you spending money, they won't knock back the transfer/warranty... :-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:30 pm

congrats on the purchase and good to see that you got it for a reasonable price, however now im scared im going to get shit all for my my11 vrx
Boost life scrambles the brain

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:41 am

Gratz on choosing the Aspire man. Aspire is the more luxurious lancer. It even has the H.I.D Projector headlight and all the other gadgets. Aspires are always eye catchers
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Sammy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sammy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:16 am

congratz on the apire man, i also have one and they are great, lots of added kit, any questions just ask
2010 2.4L lancer aspire

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Gonna get nothing for mine... . Looks like its going to be it for the long haul.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

redman
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby redman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Congrats on your purchase
Did you know the capped price servicing is only for three years or 60,000k which ever comes first. Also I don't think the capped price servicing is transferable, as the website states originally purchased from 1st Oct 2012. I purchased my lancer new in March 2012 and it states that capped price and 5/10 warranty it is not transferable

Sammy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sammy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 pm

the capped price servicing, diamond advantage and 5 year warranty is transferable man, i have a 2010 aspire and am the second owner and i have already had 1 capped price service and am booked in for my second next week, also the capped price servicing lasts for 4 years or 60,000 kms not 3 and 60 and as long as you get the car serviced at mitsubishi centres on time the warranty and diamond advantage will last the full 5 years

2010 2.4L lancer aspire

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:58 pm

The service manager of Myra's selling dealer told me I had two capped- price services left: 42 month (just been done) and the 48 month - so that ties in with what Sam said...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”