***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Wanting to buy brand new ralliart , need advice!

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 pm

The Ralliart is a totally different car to the NA's and once you learn how to drive the SST you will never go back to anything else.......
The P plate laws are a bit hit and miss when the power levels are close to the permitted...... My nephew got done in August for driving his mates Ralliart home from the pub on his "P's". he fought it in court and lost...the judge ruled against him...the cops argued that it is known as a hi-performance car. (Mackay Qld)...You only have to spend $500 and its over the limit anyway.
They are mainly for diesals and the 1.3, 1.5 turbos...I think the cops are aware that a 2.0 is on the performance side....afterall they have them and there are a few factory TMR Ralliarts getting around with more Killawasps than a stock X.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 pm

if you can get a nice 2nd hand ralliart i think thts the best option, and sell ur car privately as u can get more money for it that way
Boost life scrambles the brain

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Preferably with a bit of the factory warranty at least to cover for chain stretch and SST , - touch wood
MY15 Ralliart Lancer - Titanium

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 pm

2010 or later, complete service history - no probs! :-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

theforceunleashed
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby theforceunleashed » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm about to take delivery of an RA MY14.5 in lightning blue, an upgrade from my MY10 VRX. I've seen some photo's of the MY15, and I'm ok with the MY14.5. Took it for a test drive, loved the SST. Loved how it handled and the power it had.

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:27 pm

DO IT!!!!!!!!

As a P Plater, you cant have any mods :( So if you get caught with a RA and you got an intake or exhaust. Theyll get ya!

But... After your off your P's or if your ruthless. The simple and best thing to do is a evo x turbo with cooler . And you will have the same power as the evo x. WIN WIN !

Make sure its 2010 and above, I think the ones below have tranny issues. But anyways the laws state 2010 and over for the new laws.
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:46 pm

denzza wrote:DO IT!!!!!!!! As a P Plater, you cant have any mods :( So if you get caught with a RA and you got an intake or exhaust. Theyll get ya! But... After your off your Ps or if your ruthless. The simple and best thing to do is a evo x turbo with cooler . And you will have the same power as the evo x. WIN WIN ! Make sure its 2010 and above, I think the ones below have tranny issues. But anyways the laws state 2010 and over for the new laws.

By mods do you mean Performance mods? Or any mod? Not even lights?
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Sorry, i wasnt clear.

I ment Performance mods :)
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

RacerX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RacerX » Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Just a quick question, is it possible to run a Ralliart on 91 instead of 98 fuel ??

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue May 19, 2015 2:31 pm

98, 95 in emergencies, 91 its not tuned for.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

efod3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby efod3 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm

I once accidentally put 95 in and it just turned into a slug, but wouldn't have done any damage and I just cruised calmly around till I got rid if it. An odd tank of 91 in an emergency shouldn't do any lasting harm but I don't know if there's a servo around that doesn't have at least 95. I wouldn't recommend doing it regularly to save money, or driving it hard on it.

jackguo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jackguo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:00 pm

RA can now be drive on P plates (VIC), i would suggest to change to RA, completely different feeling to NA lancer,

only thing is that driving one of these performance cars would attract attention from highway patrol.
Mitsubishi Evo X GSR

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 pm

Def don't run 91 on an RA. dangerous. 95 in emergency and don't boost it. If you really want to, you could downtune the RA to run on 91, but then what's the point of having one...

Run 95 and put some octane booster in just to be safe.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”