***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Manufacturing Delays with Lancers - Should I wait?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Should I wait or change colour?

Wait for Titanium (2 months min.)
33%
Go with Cool Silver (7-10days)
11%
Get Deposit Back and Start Again
56%

Total votes: 9

tukkis
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tukkis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 pm

debonaire wrote: As far as the customer is concerned, there is no difference. My dealer just got it transferred from the Melbourne dealer. The way Mitsubishi works, you cannot by a new car from interstate because they cant sell an unregistered car. Therefore, you need to be licensed in the state where you buy it. The only real way to buy directly from an interstate dealer is if it is a registered demo. A couple more things top be aware of... if your car is sitting out there in another dealers stock, they have no obligation to send it to your dealer, and if they know it is a popular colour they might prefer to hold onto it for a customer of there own. Secondly, if they agree to transfer it to your local dealer, your local dealer would be well within their rights to charge freight costs to you (cost me about $800, but in my opinion worth it to get what I wanted - you dont want to compromise and regret it).

Thanks everyone.

None of the local dealers could source any stock in Titanium. Some said as mentioned by Vaughan that others had stock but weren't willing to give it up.

So as a last resort I tried calling a few dealers advertising on Carsales. To my pleasant surprise I found a dealer in NSW with a brand new MY14.5 VRX Titanium sitting in the showroom (not even outside!)

They will give me a temporary registration that allows me to drive the car back to VIC. All I have to do when I get back is pay for VIC Rego, Stamp Duty and Plates.

All up the total price is within $500 of the price I could have got it down here and I can take delivery within the week instead of 2 months! A happy outcome indeed.

Now to arrange a flight up to SYD and look forward to the enjoyable drive back home to VIC!

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:20 am

all worked out then, thats great to hear! :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 am

Nice to hear you can get one in Sydney mate. :)

It'd be a nice drive down, gives you a good feel of how the car goes! Enjoy your ride, and safe travels!
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 am

Great news!

You'll have to take a 'slow drive' back, stopping whenever there's a suitable location and post up a thread showing 'pictures of your Lancer in great places' of your trip home! :-)

Here's one for you in n-space:

:-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Happy days! Great result, hope it all goes smoothly :)

Titanium looks great, you'll be glad you went to the trouble.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”