***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ripponlea Mitsubishi

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:07 am

Ah k. Fair enough
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Wlober
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Wlober » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Basically, after being 5 million dollars in debt certain people in Ripponlea Mitsubishi, namely company secretary Greg Wallace tried to defraud the Bank of Melbourne around $1,500,000. He was claiming to them he hadn't sold cars when in fact he had. So instead of handing over a bulk payment for the sale of a car, he was continuing to pay off the smaller financing amount . It ended up being 45 cars. That's when this happened:
http://www.ferrierhodgson.com/au/public ... lea-motors

They spent about two years not transferring a lot of cars into new owners names. If anyone bought a used car off them in the past few years, chances are, they didn't transfer the ownership. Late last year, they owed Vicroads over $200,000 in stamp duty and transfer fees that hadn't been paid because cars were transferred.

They are currently in liquidation. All the assets have been hidden and they've been told to no longer trade. Yet, they continue to take calls and book cars for service. There is no one working there, so how do they do it you ask? They have started to pick the cars up themselves. They take them to another workshop to be serviced. They'll add $4-500 on to the service price and return the car. Just don't do it.

I've been trying to contact any of the businesses that till have a phone number associated with Ripponlea Mitsubishi when you type that name into Google, like truelocal etc. They are no longer a Mitsubishi dealership so it's just confusing people. If anyone else wants to try writing to one or two of them to help get the number and name taken off, that might help.

Mitsubishi only wrote off to new car buyers from Ripponlea to let them know it has been dis-endorsed as a franchise.

Here are some photos pf the dealership when it was still operating. I kid you not!People were still happy to have their cars serviced.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Shame on them
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Nice big open space for people to race there RC Cars there now and a safe place to

Wlober
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Wlober » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 pm

mephisto69 wrote:It looks like they took the shirt off someones back and didnt hand it over when they closed.

That's a genuine Ralliart promotional shirt. It was there that long the sun had faded it. As I said, these photos are from a few months back. The place was still servicing cars. People turned up and thought nothing suss was going on. Of course they did ask and were told things like, we were ordering new stock, or we were having renovations etc.

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify a few things here.

RIPPONLEA MITSUBISHI is no longer a part of MMAL, they went into liquidation at the start of this year. Im not sure how they are offering to service your Mitsubishi vehicles as a Mitsubishi dealer when they longer exist.

Anyone that will like there Mitsubishi's serviced please feel free to come and visit myself at my new work place.

City Mitsubishi
207-211 Normanby Rd
Southbank

Before anyone asks i no longer work for Preston Motors even though my username still states it. Im in the process of changing it over.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

Wlober
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Wlober » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 am

PRESTON MOTORS RALLIART wrote:Hi Guys, Just to clarify a few things here. RIPPONLEA MITSUBISHI is no longer a part of MMAL, they went into liquidation at the start of this year. Im not sure how they are offering to service your Mitsubishi vehicles as a Mitsubishi dealer when they longer exist.

Just to clarify what you said. They went into liquidation on the 17th of July by order of the supreme court.

The lost their Mitsubishi license in February, even though they hadn't had a new car for sale since September.

The problem is, this hasn't stopped them from pretending to be a Mitsubishi dealership, and the signs weren't taken down until June which helped perpetuate that. They have either lied to the customers to get them to have cars serviced, or lead them to believe in a round about way that it was still going.

Even though the company is in the hands of the liquidators, they are still trying to get money for themselves. Hell, the day after the place was into liquidation and they were told to cease trading, they took in two cars the following day. One they drove half an hour to pick up, but no mechanics showed up.

I'm just hoping other people come on and share their horror stories. There were a lot of unhappy customers.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:29 am

Lets put this to rest update us once the place is shut down once and for all no need to hear the horror stories. What is that going to do anyway serves the dealership right for doing the wrong thing in the first place by misleading there customers

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 pm

the place has finally shut down
all the signs are gone and its just an empty building
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Damir wrote:the place has finally shut down all the signs are gone and its just an empty building
so does this mean this is the end of this thread aswell hoping it is

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:11 pm

actually second that i always see the guys magna out front
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731

ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)

-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”