***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2012 vs 2013 VRX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

2012 vs 2013 VRX

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Hey guys.

As some of you may know, I'm in the process of selling my VR. Main reason is because I wanted to convert to a manual, 2.4L and also get a younger model. But I'm thinking of buying Brand new since I don't require a car in the second half of the year. Uni 1 day a week! W000.

Anyways, I've been looking around and then I decided that I wanted Brand new and I'm looking at either a 2012 or 2013 VRX. When I compared them, the VRX 2012 and 2013 don't really have much of a difference.

BUT 2012 has a better interior, but the VRX is has more technology.
Here are the comparisons.

1 column is section. Column 2 is 2012 VRX and Column 3 is 2013 VRX

Rest is all the same. Is the above really much of a difference?
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

mephisto69 wrote:Are they the same price? What is the voice recognition for? The only real difference I see is the styling. The 2013 sounds pretty plane and if they are them same price youd be getting more styling for your dollar. But if you really want the voice recognition, which seems to be the only major difference, go that way. Personally, looking at the specs Id go the 2012, just for the extra styling. You get way more leather and the full leather seats would look better than the partials. I have partials in my LX ZH Outlander which look okay but thankfully the OEM seat covers fit over the material centre prices which makes them look better.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I don't really need voice recognition. I can't believe that the 2012 is more stylish the than 2013. It should be the other way around.

Yeah they're sorta the same price. Maybe a few $100 apart. Maybe I should go 2012 then.

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump on carsales and compare em maybe?

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 pm

chunky9 wrote:Jump on carsales and compare em maybe?

The picture i posted was the comparison and I'm just asking if I should get the 2012 model instead of 2013

tnode
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tnode » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Personal experience:

MY13VRX has leather heated seats whereas MY11VRX did not.
MY13VRX has NOT got a front tower strut bar whereas MY11VRX did.
MY13VRX has the straight through exhaust whereas MY11VRX had the large visible sideways muffler.
MY13VRX has touchscreen (not satnav) RF 6 stacker audio whereas MY11VRX had RF 6 stacker audio.
MY13VRX has black interior whereas MY11VEX had black with grey hatched interior.
MY13VRX has previous ralliart front bar whereas MY11VRX had normal front bar with front air dams.
MY13VRX has debadged Mivec side badges whereas MY11VRX had Mivec side badges.
MY13VRX has rear parking sensors and reversing camera whereas MY11VRX did not.

MY13VRX and MY11VRX both had voice recognition bluetooth with steering wheel controls.
MY13VRX and MY11VRX other that previously mentioned had same exterior.

I am unsure which of these were/are optional extras, both my MY13VRX and MY11VRX were black so chrome may not be representative of other colour choices.

I have probably missed some details, if anything more specific is required let me know.

Trev.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:44 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:^ thats a great comparison Trevor. I would go 2013 Tom.
A) because u might as well get as new as u can, thats always going to be best,
B) looking at Trevors comparison, seems like the 2013 is better equipped than the 2011/12 apart from the strut brace but u have that whiteline one anyway
C) for me personally, I would want the RA style front rather than the old style Vrx front...

Hey Erin!

Yeah true. Lol the front bumoer won't matter because I'm shipping a really awesome one over as soon as I get it and also the whiteline is being given to the person who buys my car ><. But we'll see ;0

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

The earlier one does have alot better features though, I think I would go for the MY12 option purely for the features, although the leather seats would be a pain I reckon!

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:How can you say that andrew? From the comparison above that Trevor did, the MY13 looks to have more/better features. I just have one question for you tom: if you get a MY13 and swap the bumper, can I have your RA style one? :D

I didn't really read it until now, however now I may change my opinion! :)

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:How can you say that andrew? From the comparison above that Trevor did, the MY13 looks to have more/better features. I just have one question for you tom: if you get a MY13 and swap the bumper, can I have your RA style one? :D

Yeah sure! :) It depends if I buy brand new though. The new front bumper is BADASS :D Can't wait

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”