***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Celica ZR Or ES/RX (Help Needed)

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Lazkii
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Lazkii » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Syke wrote:unless you want the celica for some sort of personal reason (toyota fanboy?) then i think the lancer would out do it in every way. So much more practical and much more to work with.

Haha I don't know enough about any brand to become a fanboy.

Hoges wrote:Excedy kits would be around the 4-500 for a stock replacement i think. should have any issues with the clutch though

I'm not the most experienced manual driver so I was just wondering how much the damage would be if I end up wrecking the clutch. Thanks! :D

BTW, are P platers (in NSW) allowed to put mufflers, if so, should I put one on?

yuj1n
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yuj1n » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Lazkii wrote: Im not the most experienced manual driver so I was just wondering how much the damage would be if I end up wrecking the clutch. Thanks! :D ?

haha don't worry man you'll be fine. Everybodys gotta learn from somewhere. Just try to avoid overreving and grinding gears and you'll be fine!
It's a learning experience, you'll always have to learn as every manual is slightly different :)

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 am

When i first saw this post i thought WTF...The 2 are two totally totally different cars. But...here is my 2 cents worth.
The silly car is a turtle in leopard cloths. It was never renowned for performance, actually..more renowned for the lack of it and hence the screaming tag of "Hairdressers Car".Toyota openly admits this model destroyed Celica's image of a performance car hence why the new model is an 86 (another hairdressers car) and not badged celica. Big Big shame cause even 13 years on they still look dam hot. The bonnet scoop is even a let down..whats it there for? If Toyota did a GT4 in this body shape...even today...absolte WINNER. I had a Hyundai excel hire car years ago that i gave this model celica a run at the lights and absolutely tranced it. The Lancer would do the same i believe.
The Honda thing mentioned?...there is no such thing as a "Non thrashed" honda...you have to, to get them to move...so much vtec lag lol
But...i would soooooo love my GF to get one lol. Actually...no...a Colt Ralliart...yea baby!
Marcus (rockpapizza) is rite what he says to.
As most say the Lancer has warranty etc and newer, more mod options etc etc etc. You would probably expect that sort of answer from a Lancer forum but i think most are pretty fair in the comparison.
I still do think it is a really strange comparison though.
2 doors versus 4 for a start and 2 totally different styled cars
So probably Lancer.
Anyway...thats my blurb

Kendo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Kendo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 am

I'm always gunna say the Lancer because I'm biased :P But honestly, if you're spending 14k on a Celica and you want a performance car why not just go for a Supra?

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 am

How is a Celica a performance car? It's a 1.8L FWD girl's car. I think you're confused with Supra.

I can't see any valid case for the Celica. The Lancer is way way way newer, in warranty, half the km and much more practical.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Theyre not really totally different cars: neither the celica or the lancer are sports cars. The celica just has sportier looks, but neither (as far as the NA lancer goes) is sports oriented performance wise. Both are FWD. I actually thought the ZR at least of that model celica was 2.0L but turns out debonaire was right on some googling, its only 1.8L :/ So youd still be better off going for the Lancer @ 2.0L :lol:

Yep...when it first came out i thought the bonnet scoop was actually there for a reason (Turbo intercooler) but...No.
And the designer abvioulsy had a big night before..tripped and dropped the rear wing on the back of the bonnet and thats whereit stayed LMAO.
Still...great looking car ...way before it time in its looks and wouldnt stand out today against modern cars...in fact it looks more modern and sportier than some imo.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”