***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Checking out this Lancer..

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm

BeHaV3 wrote:So much speculation in this thread. First of all,a couple of cosmetic changes does not make the vehicle molested. Reason fo selling? Could be as simple as the lease ran out! Not everybody wants to keep a lease ticking over past 4 years. This is a very typical Novated Lease duration.

Amen. Settle down everyone, for crying out loud.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm

It's an interesting look into the psyche of potential car buyers' minds though - insinuating so many far fetched ideas about the history of a vehicle based on very limited summary in a description of a few lines of text with a few accompanying pictures....

On top of that, this forum is supposed to be one of car enthusiasts - who should know better!

In summary, CJ Lancer members opined that the SST on the first vehicle linked must be bad, and on the way out (no exceptions, as ALL Ralliarts with SSTs will experience failure). The circumstances of the vehicle being offerred for sale must be suspicious, based on observed cosmetic modifications.

I'm finding it quite tough to wrap my head around the logic here...

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Is it possible to go and look at both cars? And have them looked over by a mechanic? (Whether or not a mechanic can give you an indication of the condition of the SST or not I don't know) but just saying.....and take into consideration the whole servicing factor - you should be able to read through it and make sure that it in fact was done on time/enough times. The second one does seem more legit (and a more legit seller) but it may come down to just how they have presented the ad too.
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Wow...they are both very cheap Ralliarts. It seems the price of cars is getting lower and lower...Mitsu is just about giving Evo's away now.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Well the original car link just disappeared. lol
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Robert1986
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Robert1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Alrighty Ladies and Gents.

I'm officially a Ralliart owner!!!!

The blue one was purchased but i checked it out regardless. I on the other hand checked the so-called dodgy one and I have to say... this is the most respected used car i have ever seen! It was owned by an elderly male who strangely enough chucked a load of ralliart crap all over it (stickers and badges and the likes). The dealership removed most of them. That said, I could not find a single scratch, everything seemed almost brand new and the car just drove fantastic. The log books showed it was serviced every time it was due by a Mitsubishi dealership. That said the car also has three years warranty.

The dealer himself was very friendly and trustworthy. That said, I got a very good deal and managed to save plenty of cash as well. :)

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Robert1986 wrote:Alrighty Ladies and Gents. Im officially a Ralliart owner!!!! The blue one was purchased but i checked it out regardless. I on the other hand checked the so-called dodgy one and I have to say... this is the most respected used car i have ever seen! It was owned by an elderly male who strangely enough chucked a load of ralliart crap all over it (stickers and badges and the likes). The dealership removed most of them. That said, I could not find a single scratch, everything seemed almost brand new and the car just drove fantastic. The log books showed it was serviced every time it was due by a Mitsubishi dealership. That said the car also has three years warranty. The dealer himself was very friendly and trustworthy. That said, I got a very good deal and managed to save plenty of cash as well. :)

Congratulations man. Good on ya.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Congrats on another Vic RA owner :)
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 pm

congrats mate...

so the lesson learnt here was dont judge a book by its cover? lol :)

Robert1986
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Robert1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks guys!

Cant wait to pick this beauty up!

bongo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby bongo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Congrats.

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Congratulations on the RA! :D Hope to see you at one of our meets soon :)
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 am

Robert1986 wrote:Alrighty Ladies and Gents. Im officially a Ralliart owner!!!! The blue one was purchased but i checked it out regardless. I on the other hand checked the so-called dodgy one and I have to say... this is the most respected used car i have ever seen! It was owned by an elderly male who strangely enough chucked a load of ralliart crap all over it (stickers and badges and the likes). The dealership removed most of them. That said, I could not find a single scratch, everything seemed almost brand new and the car just drove fantastic. The log books showed it was serviced every time it was due by a Mitsubishi dealership. That said the car also has three years warranty. The dealer himself was very friendly and trustworthy. That said, I got a very good deal and managed to save plenty of cash as well. :)

Shocks, the "better car" got away, but if you are happy with the deal you got, then good on you. And having been with an elderly driver, the engine was unlikely thrashed, but I do hope that grandpa respected speed bumps and did not wear out the suspension.

That's one more RA owner in Infringement Land (first in red?). Awesome! Any chance you can tell us the price where you shook hands with the dealer?
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:12 am

bye2u wrote:congrats mate... so the lesson learnt here was dont judge a book by its cover? lol :)

I think you mean don't invent a fanciful tale that can be made to remotely relate to what is on the cover.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”