***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Thinking of Upgrading to the new LX

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Do you think i should do it?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 17

AcOLX13
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AcOLX13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I got the LX and absolutely love it. Couldn't go wrong. Seats are hell comfortable which is unexpected from leather seats too... They're perforated so i find i don't sweat as much in them.

I got it down to about $21,350 or something like that...

Unfortunately the dealer wouldn't let me upgrade to the rockford system which is a shame, got a 12" sub installed though, so that does the trick :)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm

AcOLX13 wrote:Unfortunately the dealer wouldnt let me upgrade to the rockford system which is a shame

Thats a bit of work for not much improvement. Money better spent on aftermarket products. :)

Nice price though, happy driving :D

Razza
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

2013 Lancer LX Pricing

Postby Razza » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 pm

For all those considering purchasing a 2013 Lancer LX Manual - if you negotiate well, you can buy the Lancer LX with window tinting and floor mats thrown in for $21,990 driveaway 8) ...I don't think you can do better than this!!! This is what I paid -Nov 2012 build, Jan 2013 compliance.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 pm

If I was you I think you would be better spending the money on the car you own now. I know the LX model Lancer has some nice features but I can't see the point in spending around $10,000 change over for pretty much the same model car just with a few extra features!

Instead spend the money on maybe modding or upgrading your ES Lancer or if you want a new car then buy a completely different car! Or the other option is maybe spend a few more $ and buy a second hand Ralliart!

Unless your ES Lancer is broken and not drivable them I wouldn't bother wasting all the money for the same model Lancer you already own just with a few extra features! Well that is my opinion anyways. :)

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am

Razza wrote:For all those considering purchasing a 2013 Lancer LX Manual - if you negotiate well, you can buy the Lancer LX with window tinting and floor mats thrown in for $21,990 driveaway 8) ...I dont think you can do better than this!!! This is what I paid -Nov 2012 build, Jan 2013 compliance.

I can beat that, bought my brand new LX MY13 for $21025 including spoiler, tinted windows, floor mats and a full tank of fuel.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 am

Any option can be addressed with a mod or accesory...Its the mechanicals that cant be changed so unless your CJ is at the limit of its driveability you would be getting the same car...no AWD,twin clutch and stuff like that.
Ive driven the new Pulsar last week...fantastic..and just waiting to take the SSS hatch for a drive (For my GF) drive the Focus (POO) Golf (Poo Poo) both very very average and the Golf feels cheap..the drivers side plastic trim had broken off on the demo.
Do the pricing war!!!....just not with the dealers you want to get the car with and then you will find out what the cheapest price is you can get. Car salesmen piss everyone off...ive had them be condesending arrogant and sometimes insulting so who cares what they think...they have a reputation for a reason and they dont care what car you buy as long as the commision comes to them Then go to the dealer you want to get the car from and hand him the deal...Walk in and say heres the price i want where do i sign!!!...But do it at the end of the month...not the beginning as they want to get any in deal in by the end.
Anyway...really totally up to you, its what YOU are going to be happy with.
Cheers

Razza
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Razza » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 pm

jordan.fuchs wrote:[quote:bedebb011b=Razza]For all those considering purchasing a 2013 Lancer LX Manual - if you negotiate well, you can buy the Lancer LX with window tinting and floor mats thrown in for $21,990 driveaway 8) ...I dont think you can do better than this!!! This is what I paid -Nov 2012 build, Jan 2013 compliance.[/quote:bedebb011b] I can beat that, bought my brand new LX MY13 for $21025 including spoiler, tinted windows, floor mats and a full tank of fuel.

Nice... Camden Valley Mitsubishi I'm guessing?.. Had some dramas with dealer and found out they put they cheapest tint in costing them $180... Re-negotiated the contract and managed to get Jan 2013 build Feb 2013 compliance LX for $21,600 driveaway with mats and tank fuel - will go spend the $390 on better tint and installed professionally.

Though the $23,990 promo they have are for 2012 built models that have been used for display - future buyers be careful (it may be undriven though most likely a display car).

STAX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby STAX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Save a little more and get a Ralliart if you can :)

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Well ive just been into mitsi here in Adelaide (Elizabeth) for a white 2013 LX they wanted $23,500 for a demo but that wasnt drive away price!

Even Looked at a 2012 ES brand new that was the better deal! they took of over $6000 as standard retail price for it was $22k and they knocked it down with driveway price to $16k and with a trade knocks off another 2k and hey at least the new ES comes with a usb port now! also plus thats in metallic paint so i think thats a pretty good deal for a car with less then 100kms on it.

But yeah i agree they wont budge much at all on prices even accessories they wont really budge on.....extra 1k for bluetooth and reverse camera NO WAY!! id go and buy a new headunit instead with all those features for much less and could even get better speakers all for under 1k

either way do what ever you please :) its all up to you
(cj-orange)

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:49 pm

for the price of the new lx u can get 2nd hand vrx/aspire/possibly ralliart, although they well have some kms on them, and you don't know how they have been treated, but you WILL BE GETTING AN UPRADE as your getting those extra features plus more powerful engine, so I think that would be better money spent if youre after a new car and want to stick with the cj lancer. but ur best money would be source those extra features from possibly ebay
Boost life scrambles the brain

erinRS
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby erinRS » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:37 pm

JJams6 wrote:Well ive just been into mitsi here in Adelaide (Elizabeth) for a white 2013 LX they wanted $23,500 for a demo but that wasnt drive away price! Even Looked at a 2012 ES brand new that was the better deal! they took of over $6000 as standard retail price for it was $22k and they knocked it down with driveway price to $16k and with a trade knocks off another 2k and hey at least the new ES comes with a usb port now! also plus thats in metallic paint so i think thats a pretty good deal for a car with less then 100kms on it. But yeah i agree they wont budge much at all on prices even accessories they wont really budge on.....extra 1k for bluetooth and reverse camera NO WAY!! id go and buy a new headunit instead with all those features for much less and could even get better speakers all for under 1k either way do what ever you please :) its all up to you

Hey im new as a member and noticed you tried buying from eliz mitsubishi
A few months back. Im wondering what car dealer you spoke to there?
Only because ive just bought a brand new my14 lx from there today, a bloke named dennis gave me an awsome deal at 23k including tint, lip spoiler , metallic paint , full tank of fuel plus the variable transmission which is an extra 2k than the manuals.
He made alot of effort to give me what i wanted at this price so where im going
With this is that if you havent already updated and are still interested then go n have a chat to him.
He told me "they wont be beaten in price and service"
Mind you, i did alot of homework for what the going price was and was able to say the deals that elsewhere had offered me in which he was persistant to beat . :)

erinRS
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby erinRS » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:38 pm

JJams6 wrote:Well ive just been into mitsi here in Adelaide (Elizabeth) for a white 2013 LX they wanted $23,500 for a demo but that wasnt drive away price! Even Looked at a 2012 ES brand new that was the better deal! they took of over $6000 as standard retail price for it was $22k and they knocked it down with driveway price to $16k and with a trade knocks off another 2k and hey at least the new ES comes with a usb port now! also plus thats in metallic paint so i think thats a pretty good deal for a car with less then 100kms on it. But yeah i agree they wont budge much at all on prices even accessories they wont really budge on.....extra 1k for bluetooth and reverse camera NO WAY!! id go and buy a new headunit instead with all those features for much less and could even get better speakers all for under 1k either way do what ever you please :) its all up to you

Hey im new as a member and noticed you tried buying from eliz mitsubishi
A few months back. Im wondering what car dealer you spoke to there?
Only because ive just bought a brand new my14 lx from there today, a bloke named dennis gave me an awsome deal at 23k including tint, lip spoiler , metallic paint , full tank of fuel plus the variable transmission which is an extra 2k than the manuals.
He made alot of effort to give me what i wanted at this price so where im going
With this is that if you havent already updated and are still interested then go n have a chat to him.
He told me "they wont be beaten in price and service"
Mind you, i did alot of homework for what the going price was and was able to say the deals that elsewhere had offered me in which he was persistant to beat . :)

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”