***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Problem with buying a new lancer

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Swift
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Problem with buying a new lancer

Postby Swift » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey, as posted before, im purchasing the 11 es lancer off my parents that they bought at the start of the year, it already has a few extra's on it such as the body kit, rims and footwell lights.

But when my parents bought the lancer at the start of the year, they noticed something was wrong with the electrics where the aircon or windscreen wipers would randomly stop working. If the aircon went, the wipers wouldnt work either so we assume they are on the same circuit or something.

Basically when they called up at the start of the year Mitsubishi told my parents they were sorry, they'd order the part in and it would be 3months away and they would install bluetooth as a way of saying sorry.... That was in february.

Its now July and they still say the microchip is 3 months away and my parents arent exactly happy. Mum is hoping to get a few years free servicing out of them, but what else do you reckon we should push for?

malkinfalcon
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby malkinfalcon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Bluetooth and a couple years of free servicing seems like a reasonably good deal to me for compensation...isn't bluetooth like $400+ installed and yearly capped price servicing $200? Having said that, it's always good to push for more :P
That can't be an ES ! :o

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Where the hell is it coming from... The moon???

If it has taken that long, I wouldn't be waiting any longer.

Take up with Mitsu head office, fair trading etc. If they can't resolve the issue start demanding a roadworthy car.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:13 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:Where the hell is it coming from... The moon??? If it has taken that long, I wouldnt be waiting any longer. Take up with Mitsu head office, fair trading etc. If they cant resolve the issue start demanding a roadworthy car.

^^ What he said ^^

fact is, you are driving a un-road worthy car, if you crash your insurance could be void.

i would be ringing and visiting every day till they get sick of you. snd telling them that the car is un-road worthy and if you have a crash it will be their fault, you have records of going into Mitsu to get the problem resolved.

and i wouldnt be worried about what you can milk out of Mitsubishi, get the important things fixed first, then worry other things

Swift
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Swift » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Thats what i reckon! Its not as if it's a rare part or anything, these cars are still in production and so the parts would be too. I think we will be taking it further than just the dealership.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Miss functioning wipers as Shane says means the car is not road worthy, the new car warranty is a mandate and they have to provide you with a functioning car in a reasonable time frame.

Everyweek hundreds if not thousands of lancers roll off the production line so they cant say the part is hard to get, it obviously being used in new cars.

Here are the contact details for Mitsubishi Motors Australia http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/contact-us give them a call and explain the issue and you dis-approval in the dealers reaction time.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 pm

To be honest, you guys should never had accepted the delay in the start... If Mitsu cannot provide a part in less than a month when they are still rolling cars off the production line, then they need to make alternative arrangements to rectify your issue.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

This is a company which prides itself in providing "genuine parts", surely they can provide that required part within a couple of months, even if it had to come from Japan.

Definitely go with escalating it to the Mitsubishi head office and go with the new car warranty and safety aspects of the issue.

Fawkes
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Fawkes » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I have ordered parts that have had to come from Japan, usually takes 1-2 weeks at most when ordering from a dealer. 3months, Chances.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Interesting...

I'm surprised the dealership didn't take the part off one of their stock cars to get you going and then they only have to put the new part in their stock car. I raped the air mass sensor off my car to get a customer going over the Easter weekend, its just something you do to help out customers

Sometimes its not as easy as ordering a part and waiting a few days for it, boss had to wait a month for a harmonic balancer for his car

By all means push to get your car repaired but you don't need to demand everything free, not everything is straight forward, as you said they are throwing in a free Bluetooth kit

OHH YEA!!!!

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Malfunctioning wipers are a serious issue. It's a crash waiting to happen in rain. It seems that the dealership is taking things so lightly. I'd never drive a car in that state. Ayron is right. They should offer to take the needed parts off their stock cars and put them on yours. This is a fix that needs to be done immediately. You can probably take legal action if the parts aren't replaced any sooner.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Markh
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Markh » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am

This is weird do you live in alice springs? or something.

Mate make it legal matter, I bought a brand new outlander and my garage door at home didnt work part of my insurance meant it be garaged at home. Soon as i mentioned this my garage door was fixed. Now my wife is nice so it took two weeks of her running around. My one phone call with a legal involvement. DONE, like a boss.

All of the above is a huge deal, Not having wipers at any given time is illegal. Not having AC in australia is inhumane.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”