***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

what you reckon i should offer?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

el3ment wrote:Appreciate the feedback guys. Ill see how it goes on Saturday :) Think I might offer $22k with foggies, floor mats, fuel and proper spare wheel kit. One question, what type of wheel comes with the spare wheel kit? The same wheel as what the came sits on? Or a cheapy steelo?

Steelie.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 am

Considering that we as a club get OEM parts pretty cheap, you should first ask for all of what you want in the car, then say ok what's the cheapest they can sell you the car without any of the sweeteners.

Then do the math from there.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

Hey mate,

I think 23 with foglights is too ambitious, might be a good place to start haggling but you wont get there. If you want to get the best price you can call Eagers at Newstead, ask to speak to Michael the sales manager or Tony, and tell him Vaughan asked to take care of you.

Otherwise, read the guide in my signature.

PS, in case you don't read it - don't fall into the trap of thinking you are getting things 'thrown in'. People on here are very naive - if you add a $400 part you're paying for it, whether obvious or just eating out of the discount you could have gotten. Take the advertised driveaway price, add the cost of the bits you want, then take $2000 off and haggle from there.
Last edited by debonaire on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am

Hey Mate,

I actually sell New Mitsubishi's. If you're wanting help purchasing one let me know!

Thanks,

Jon
Low 'N' Slow.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

jonno2012es wrote:Hey Mate, I actually sell New Mitsubishis. If youre wanting help purchasing one let me know! Thanks, Jon

Hey Jonathon

Which Mitsubishi are you at? We can come see you on Sat if you are there and can chat what you can do?

Basically after blue MY12 Lancer Activ
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 pm

jonno2012es wrote:Hey Mate, I actually sell New Mitsubishis. If youre wanting help purchasing one let me know! Thanks, Jon

If you like to use the forum to sell cars, perhaps you want to join us as a sponsor like PMR. This isn't the first time you've done this.

Else it'd be terribly unfair on the sponsors/vendors on the forum who pay and contribute prizes.

Being a premium member is different from being a sponsor/vendor.

You might say you're providing a service but in turn the club is also providing you a service by connecting you to buyers, so should we deserve something out of it??

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I wasn't saying me sell him the car. All i was offering was getting him the best price to go back to his local dealer as he lives very far southside and im on northside.
Low 'N' Slow.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:57 pm

ofey wrote:so should we deserve something out of it??

No.

The point of a forum is for people to help each other and share information.

If a business decides to sponsor the forum that's great, it doesn't mean they should get exclusive rights to anything. Sponsorship has its place for supplementary advertising and buyer trust.

If there is a sponsor that can compete with Jonno, then why aren't they posting here? If he's the one reading the forum and contributing to the thread, then he deserves the business more than someone that pays to have their brand advertised on the forum and sits back waiting for people to be herded through their doors (not inferring in anyway this is what PMR does, as they are very active on the forum).

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:38 pm

debonaire wrote:[quote:90b3f71d50=ofey]so should we deserve something out of it??[/quote:90b3f71d50] No. The point of a forum is for people to help each other and share information. If a business decides to sponsor the forum thats great, it doesnt mean they should get exclusive rights to anything. Sponsorship has its place for supplementary advertising and buyer trust. If there is a sponsor that can compete with Jonno, then why arent they posting here? If hes the one reading the forum and contributing to the thread, then he deserves the business more than someone that pays to have their brand advertised on the forum and sits back waiting for people to be herded through their doors (not inferring in anyway this is what PMR does, as they are very active on the forum).

Yes to sharing information.
Yes to helping.

But to utilising the forum to feather one's own nest without complying to forum rules? No.

We've established a set of rules. Until I'm told that our rules do not cover unauthorised advertising and trying to sell without the proper status, I have in my position as a moderator attempted to keep to the rules.

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

another amc member buying a lancer lol :)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:07 pm

ofey wrote: Yes to sharing information. Yes to helping. But to utilising the forum to feather ones own nest without complying to forum rules? No. Weve established a set of rules. Until Im told that our rules do not cover unauthorised advertising and trying to sell without the proper status, I have in my position as a moderator attempted to keep to the rules.

Irving is right here. The distinction here is "helping" and "helping in return for one's personal benefit", perceived or actual.
Sure, PMR could also try and make a sales across state borders, but that's not the point, here.
The issue that sponsors and vendors would have a beef with, is the fact they've had to PAY to be able to promote their goods and services.
So they would quite rightly be pissed when someone comes in to do the same thing and not having to pay and we turn a blind eye.
It's not about protecting a sponsor or pissing in other dealer's turf, it's about doing the fair thing by our vendors and sponsors and playing by the rules.

Now, jonno2012es, might be genuine in wanting to help with no personal benefit, I don't know, however unfortunately the way society is these days, we can't afford the luxury of assuming everyone is Mother Theresa. These are some of the arsh realities of the real world.

For argument's sake say, if jonno2012es was to offer a low ball price to pit them again a dealer on the "very southside", if that dealer couldn't match or better the price, it's quite possible the OP would seek out jonno2012es's dealership. I doubt jonno2012es would flip the sale to one of his colleagues and miss out on a sales target or a commission? I don't think his allegiance to the forum is higher than his allegiance to his work.

Do you think any reasonable sales person, after getting a sales lead, would throw that opportunity away?
I'm not saying that would or would not happen. However it's all about perception. We will never know what the outcome of this will be real life. Who the OP will but from or wont, and who benefits or doesn't will be an unknown to us.

Hence we just have to as moderators, put a stop to those that are touting for sales, directly or indirectly or "sock puppeting", hence we have to keep a level playing field and being that our sponsors have followed the correct process and paid their dues, we must also hold others to the same requirements.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

HobartLancer09
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby HobartLancer09 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I paid 21990 for my 09 RX, with that deal all on road costs, 12 months rego, etc was all included. The dealer threw in foggies, pearl paint and car mats. It even had a tank of juice and i didn't even ask. I did have to wait nearly three months for it to arrive though:(

But definitely try for a better deal, especially before the end of the financial year...

RawrlliArt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RawrlliArt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 pm

It's not like Jonno said, "Hey man, I'll sell you a lancer for cheap contact me through the forum" he said I can HELP you with the purchasing because that is my area of profession.

You DO get something out of him helping => more posts => more search results => more members => more premiums

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 pm

RawrlliArt wrote:Its not like Jonno said, Hey man, Ill sell you a lancer for cheap contact me through the forum he said I can HELP you with the purchasing because that is my area of profession. You DO get something out of him helping => more posts => more search results => more members => more premiums

The rules we have in place were not constructed to prevent helpfulness.

However, it attempts to circumvent free-loading sales.

Now your way of looking of it is one side of the coin.

The flip side is:
1. No need for sponsors any more. Anyone can jump on and use this site to sell. To be fair we should at least give those sponsors who have PAID up adequate support.

2. Selling on this club site, if the sale goes south for any reason, the administration cannot claim with any justification that due diligence to protect its members were taken.

3. We've been around long enough to realise that not every sale even through our sponsors results in more premiums. It'd be very naive to think that way.

RawrlliArt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RawrlliArt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:48 pm

The way I looked at was that you over reacted.

I never said anything about letting the guy advertise his goods or services on the website, thats what sponsors pay for.

All he did was offer up advice and maybe to talk to the dealer the OP will be buying the car off to try and get a better price.

Once again your confusing advertising with help.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”