***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

what you reckon i should offer?

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

He works in car sales (well known fact).
Not the first time he's offered to help someone with a new car.
Coincidentally all 3 times, the person buying was in Brisbane.

If he really was helping, he would offer to help ALL new buyers of cars OR perhaps spell out what tactics car sellers use. Much like what @DEbonaire did which was very helpful. He provided a full written up guide.

I suspect you're over-reacting.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

RawrlliArt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RawrlliArt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm just going off the post in this thread. If he's tried to sell a car in other threads then I'd agree with you.

brent0013
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby brent0013 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm

RyanMK wrote:[quote:716218650f=el3ment]Appreciate the feedback guys. Ill see how it goes on Saturday :) Think I might offer $22k with foggies, floor mats, fuel and proper spare wheel kit. One question, what type of wheel comes with the spare wheel kit? The same wheel as what the came sits on? Or a cheapy steelo?[/quote:716218650f] Steelie.

i got an oem 16" and they let me keep the space saver too

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 am

I feel this has gotten out of hand. Jono only provided help and suggested what I should ask for when purchasing the car and what I should add later myself to save on cost.

Anyway, I went to a Dealer yesterday and we ordered our Activ... Will take about a month to come in Can't wait.

Ended up with:

My12 Lancer CVT 2.0
Lightning Blue colour
Floor Mats
Full tank of fuel
Darkest legal tint
Reverse Sensors
SmartKote Nano-Tec Surface coating outside and inside

$25.5k

Will no doubt add foggies myself later, or get them installed by Mitsubishi. Not sure how difficult it is on lancers yet. No doubt would need the different indicator stalk?
Also will get the full size spare wheel kit and add some floor and dash lighting later.

Anyway, will create a new thread for the car in the appropriate section once we have it.

Thanks again to everyone or their feedback. Really appreciate it.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 am

I think it's quite simple. Regular members are only allowed to sell personal stuff here. Those who want to sell for business purposes must apply as a vendor or sponsor, and that includes dealers who advertise vehicles for sale.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

jitesh88
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jitesh88 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 am

hey thorsten

i remember you originally said you were offered 24.5K initially

i reckon you couldve pushed them further down without the extra addons which could have been done by yourself later

tint: $200
genuine mats from CCJ: ~$90
full tank: ~$70
sesnors: ~$200 - $300 max. not too sure

you couldve still ended up saving some money if you bargained on the price without the extra stuff.

just my 2 cents

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:46 pm

jitesh88 wrote:hey thorsten i remember you originally said you were offered 24.5K initially i reckon you couldve pushed them further down without the extra addons which could have been done by yourself later tint: $200 genuine mats from CCJ: ~$90 full tank: ~$70 sesnors: ~$200 - $300 max. not too sure you couldve still ended up saving some money if you bargained on the price without the extra stuff. just my 2 cents

Hey Jitesh
The SmartKote stuff was the most expensive item which was added, hence the $25.500. The car itself was $23,230 in the end. the rest are all addons..
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm

squala wrote:I think its quite simple. Regular members are only allowed to sell personal stuff here. Those who want to sell for business purposes must apply as a vendor or sponsor, and that includes dealers who advertise vehicles for sale.

I understand that A, and I fully respect rules and regulations on forums and agree with what you said. However Jonno didn't sell me a car. He only helped me with advise and gave me suggestions.

Anyway, lets move on :)

jitesh88
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jitesh88 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 am

ahh thats good then :)

nice deal.

Enjoy !

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

thorsten, do more research on the smartcote protectant.
i bought the same option on my new car and really it was a waste of money.
polishing with a good wax will give u the same protection at a tenth of the price or less.
imo its a con.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 pm

sleeper wrote:thorsten, do more research on the smartcote protectant. i bought the same option on my new car and really it was a waste of money. polishing with a good wax will give u the same protection at a tenth of the price or less. imo its a con.

The whole point of it is though, its only applied once and never needs re-doing and warranty is for the live of the car... soo.. not quite the same and waxing. Anyway, we will see in 5 years time. lol

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

[quote="el3ment" The whole point of it is though, its only applied once and never needs re-doing and warranty is for the live of the car... soo.. not quite the same and waxing. Anyway, we will see in 5 years time. lol[/quote]

Read the claim terms. Biggest con job ever.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”