***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Considering Lancer Ra or Colt Ra - Opinions Wanted

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm

To very very diffrent cars. The RA colt will have to be one of my favs, fantastic performace, handled like a go kart, and very fuel efficent even when you push them. I have 3 of them 2 with the Recaro seat options and one of the last made which came with the VRX style seats. I have a right up of the Ralliart colt somewhere ill see if i can dig it up for you.

As for the Lancer Ralliart, well you all know how i feel about this car, i still think it is one of the best bang for your buck cars around, offering what you want in a daily driver, AWD, Turbo, EVO goodies and more.

It will really come down on what you want from these cars and what your budget is. However both fantastic cars in my eyes.

I tell you what i did drive today that really impressed me was the new Skoda Fabia RS 7 speed DSG. We are also Skoda dealer and the RS has just been released in OZ. All i can say is WOW. Fantastic car retailing for $29990 Driveaway.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

Miss Aussie
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Miss Aussie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Gotta agree with Nick.
The skoda's are a very overlooked car but are surprisingly fun and well priced.

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby T-All3NT » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions, it has given me a lot to think about and consider.

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Momengah wrote:In my opinion if you want a fun car to drive go with the RA. Although I cannot say that the RColt isnt fun to drive though as I have never been behind the wheel of one. Having ownec a VRX before and switching to the RA i can definitely say that there was a world of difference. On that first weekend when i picked up my RA, you could barely get me out of it. I drove nearly 300km smiling all the way. The power, the grip... everything was just so much different, so much fun. I can definitely recommend it. On a down side, the RA is a lot more costlier to run then your NA lancers. As mentioned before by others, the insurance costs goes up. Then you need to start thinking about maintenance (service and oil change) which is more often because of its turbo nature. The RA also uses 98RON fuel so fuel costs goes up, and it gets less distance for the same amount of fuel - so it goes up a lot more then you would think. Then you need to start thinking about future costs such as tyres or other replacement parts which might cost more then your current car. So what Im trying to say is... Budget! check your sums, double check them and if you think you can afford it.. THEN go for it. Because unfortunately these cars come with a lot of baggage (The RA I mean - but I would imagine the RColt being turbo charged would be similar too) even though they are so much fun!

Probably the best response so far.

I own a RA colt and bought it for it's size and fun factor, it is perfect for my needs as I suspect a RA lancer would have been overkill for intended purpose. It is surprisingly frugal on petrol and has a nice exhaust note from stock. The minivan shape has certainly allowed me to haul some big items once the rear seats are removed (very easy to do) , which would be a limitation on the Lancer sedan, probably not so for the liftback.

O.P didn't mention if they can drive a manual shifter, as RA colts are all Manuals, no CVT autos.

Also, if you do choose a RA colt, there are a few enthusiasts in Canberra too who would most likely welcome the new addition :)
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

RawrlliArt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RawrlliArt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 pm

If you can afford to fill it up every week with 98 octane, go the RA lancer, its a beast of a car and with a few bolt on mods can match an EVO X's power easy peasy.

The RA colt is like a go-cart for the roads, It looks cool and is nippy, but it's not a performance car in anyway

Markh
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Markh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm

So different in choice, it all really depends on what your needs are imo. From my perspective if i had too choose between the two i'd find a way to get that lancer more than the colt. Lancer looks better and has more space.

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 am

RA is way better than the colt. go have a test drive bro.

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 am

Markh wrote:So different in choice, it all really depends on what your needs are imo. From my perspective if i had too choose between the two id find a way to get that lancer more than the colt. Lancer looks better and has more space.

& more performance *cool* *cool* *cool* *cool*

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:39 am

RawrlliArt wrote:If you can afford to fill it up every week with 98 octane, go the RA lancer, its a beast of a car and with a few bolt on mods can match an EVO Xs power easy peasy. The RA colt is like a go-cart for the roads, It looks cool and is nippy, but its not a performance car in anyway

whats the fuel economy of the RA and how much it drink??

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:49 am

[/quote:db2a7fed4c] whats the fuel economy of the RA and how much it drink??[/quote]

On the book is 10l combined, on mine i got it down to 8.9l in town and 8.1l on the HWY but that is v rare for me, i have a pretty heavy foot :P

Also this thread is over a year old, if you need more info about Ralliarts check out the Ralliart Performance section in this forum --> http://clubcj.net/viewforum.php?f=48

Cheers
Seb

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:03 am

I used to own a RA colt and while it was fun to drive I don't think I'll buy one again. The biggest issue for me is the lack of awd. If the colt had awd it would be awesome. Also it's hard to get more than about ~150kwatw without heavy mods. Mine had 120kwatw and you can be sure to get wheelspin in the wet even on half throttle. Hence I sold it and wanna go with the RA lancer for awd and easy and plentiful mods. The only thing that scares me is the SST gearbox and if something happens out of warranty then I screwed.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:23 am

the SST box is tougher than u think unless u put mega power through it, like app. 300kwatw +

i wouldnt be a bit concerned on that aspect
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:56 am

RA is an awesome car, can get awesome power out of it pretty easily.. The sst is a great and strong trans.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 am

Is it true that the 08/09 model SST are weaker? What if it has been tuned with the s-sport mode, will that be an issue?
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:43 pm

No evidence to suggest it's 'weaker' per se, but there have been some unspecified and unpublished changes over the years. Predominantly mechatronics/TCU improvements.

S-sport flash is an instant indicator of void warranty with Mitsubishi - however it won't mean the transmission will self destruct any sooner. In fact it may save your clutches as the stock profile in auto normal mode slips the clutches deliberately, accelerating their wear. Firmer shifts will result in less desirable shift shock for the driver/occupants, but be more mechanically sympathetic.

TL;DR: driving the TC-SST like a granny in auto normal mode is the quickest way to wear it out.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”