***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

sell me on a lancer

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Grab a second hand X with no mods - seen some in the 40 range - paid more then that for my ralliart before I saw the light and upgraded to the X - which I should have just bought from the start.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

bongo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby bongo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

If you buy a ralliart, don't expect any savings in fuel, tyres and maintainence (apparently $1700 for the 90,000 k service).
I know I've driven one for 70,000 and sometimes wonder should I have bought an XR6 for less money (I owned a fairlane and loved the space ). However the Lancer is a great car with excellent warranty. It is not a small car and is quite bland inside. Automatic is annoying. However my daughter has just bought the VRX about and she loves it, and I really do enjoy the fact mine is an all wheel drive. It is a great car to drive.

malkinfalcon
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby malkinfalcon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 pm

As if anyone can regret buying a Lancer? I would rather have a lancer than any of its direct competitors ANY DAY!
That can't be an ES ! :o

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

New Lancers have the best warranty of any car out there. Unfortunately the 10 year drivetrain warranty doesn't transfer on second hand ones. And the services are capped at $195. Corollas are $130.

I love my SX Lancer. We go everywhere together and I'm always driving somewhere. Anywhere between Blayney and Lithgow, Gloucester, Brisbane and Canberra. It's way more comfy than the G6E Turbo Hubby just traded.

In all honesty there are only two cars to consider if you want to down size. The Lancer (preferably the Platinum not the ES because of the great extras) or a Mazda 3. Son just bought a Mazda 3 Maxx Sport and it's pretty good too. But then again comparing the Maxx Sport to a base Lancer isn't quite the same. They have slightly better suspension etc than the Neo I think and the Neo would be what you would be comparing it to.

People seem to put Subarus into the list but they use a hell of a lot of fuel compared to the others and you want a more economical car. The Toyota Corolla is a great little car but is rather boring and they come with nothing. Everything is an optional extra. They get rather expensive on that basis.

The Lancer used to have more than the Mazdas but I don't know how it is now the Mazdas have upped their standard equipment in the base models.

I say to go and sit in, and drive, every car in the size/price range that you want that you can find. Whichever one makes you happy then that's the one you buy. That's how I got the Lancer. Heart should rule the head (to a certain extent) when it comes to buying cars. Cars are an extension of your personality.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”